New Lemond interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2007 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:

I agree with pretty much everything Greg says...he has a good swipe at livestrong too...hinting at the bruyneel outfit having reasons for leaving the sport other than merely lack of a sponsor. The investigators are turning the eat up so much that it´s flushing the system out...lost jobs of course, but good for the longer term future
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Greg Lemond speaks a lot of sense,& always has.A guy to respect,especially when he could have taken the easier route of keeping quiet about the doping problems in the peloton
    Big respect
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    My sentiments exactly - Lemond's still an inspiration and shows you don't have to get up everyone's nose to be successful.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I wonder if Lemond is tempted to form a breakaway UCI?

I think the sport needs a governing body that is passionate about the sport but also has the riders interest at heart as well, and he seems a pretty switched on guy.

Maybe he should be some kind of consultant to the UCI to help them get their act together?

Just thoughts.....
  • Titanium
    Titanium Posts: 2,056
    It's interesting to see people's views change. A couple of years ago if someone said the sport was rotten to the core and it's figureheads were cheats, they'd get flamed. Now they get praised by many. It all depends on your perspective on what pro cycling is about and the methods involved.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Titanium wrote:
    It's interesting to see people's views change. A couple of years ago if someone said the sport was rotten to the core and it's figureheads were cheats, they'd get flamed. Now they get praised by many. It all depends on your perspective on what pro cycling is about and the methods involved.
    @ds outed,don't you think?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Everyone wants the cheats out. But time after time, gullible fans believe in the likes of Basso, Ullrich, Vinokourouv, Hamilton etc etc ad nauseam. Maybe the difference this time is that lots of fans now realise that a lot of riders are simple cheats.