Lycra and work

2»

Comments

• Lycra - Yes

Shaved legs - NOooooooooo!!!

That is just so wrong
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    baudman wrote:
    I'm fine about wearing lycra at work. It's more about what bike I wear it on.

I can't bring myself to wear it on my commuter, or my MTB. On my road bike only. :oops:

I was thinking about this... if I were to buy and then hammer around on a MTB then I'd dust off my oakely baggies
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cupofteacp
    cupofteacp Posts: 578
    15 miles each way, everyday, it's got to be lycra

Baggie are fine if you're not in a hurry and just want to pootle along at 14mph.
    15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
  • brianb
    brianb Posts: 4
    I wear Lycra and have never really thought anything of it - probably because when I started commuting I thought that was the only way of getting a pair of padded shorts.

By the way - I'm a newbie to the site..... so Hello !!
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    At the moment it's lycras but with trackie bottoms on (not too flappy ones) as I'm new at work and don't want to scare them, plus I'm on the 'commuted up' mtb. The cycle stands are those flimsy things that bolt to walls (about £50 for a set from halfords) and it's open to the weather - use a bike cover.

My old place I came into some terrible micky taking, but the 60 mile round commute (only occasionally did this) necessitated it.

Previous jobs I've always worn the full kit !
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Lycra for me, be it the MTB or Road bike....

Get the usually ribbing from the lads ( although that could be the shaved legs ) although that stopped recently when the new guy left the office in his horse riding jodpurs and knee length boots, laugh, I almost wet myself....
  • CamR
    CamR Posts: 83
    Lycra shorts most of the time, baggies occasionally in the summer.

As it gets colder I have some Pearl Izumi tights and when it gets really cold I have some Karrimor Bib Tights.

On top I wear a windproof gilet or a windproof fleece(Gore Bikewear) or if it is wet then pertex jacket

Got some abuse from the cleaners and one of my engineers(shouted out the window) this morning for wearing an old windproof jacket that is purple :roll: