easton wheels

franwsh09
franwsh09 Posts: 22
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
Hi everyone would like to know if anybody out there has either the Easton ea90 slx or ea90 sl new wheel set, i am about to buy one or the other, and was hoping for some feedback about the make. thanks chaps!

Comments

• woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    I have a set of EA90SLX wheels. light, handle well, and seem to be well built. Only had them a few months, but so far OK. I still tend to use the shimano R550's though for training runs, there doesn't appear to be that great a difference in speed between the two, the EA90SLX wheels are slightly faster, but not hugely so. Better for hill climbs as they are lighter, thats why I bought them.
  • thanks for the reply and funnily enough, the shimano R550's are the exact wheels that i have on the Massi M- Carbon bike i have just bought, and the shop that sold it me did knock some money off due too the wheels they said were not very good, hence me wanting the eastons, also there is quite a weight difference between them small world Eh! once again thanks for the advice.
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    I can't fault the r550's , had mine for over a year and not had any problems with them