GCSE results

Chucker_Dude
Chucker_Dude Posts: 209
edited August 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Went to pick mine up from the school this morning. Rather pleased :D Off to college in September.

How did other people get on?

Comments

• Well done - go and get pissed!

Did mine 19 years ago - think they were called 'O' levels then.

Man - I'm felling old :wink:
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    Not encouraging under-age drinking are you Cheesey?! :lol:

No seriously, well done. What you studying at college?

I work in a school so went in this morning for results. Nice to see the 'little ones' looking chuffed. Luckily I'm young enough (just) to remember the feeling myself. Enjoy it!
  • dan1983 wrote:
    Not encouraging under-age drinking are you Cheesey?! :lol:

Of course not - I would never condone such behaviour :wink:
  • P66
    P66 Posts: 132
    It's not underage at 16 is it, meh I wouldn't know. I was very happy with mine, I got an A in graphic products. I did a load of work about Marzocchi so it all paid off

I can hear bats.
  • P66 wrote:
    I got an A in graphic products.

Thinking of a career in design?

been doing it for years now and it's a really satisfying career - tbh only thing I was ever good at - a damn good job. But in my day it was called 'Design and realisation/communication' ha

:wink:
  • P66
    Not rearly, I may use it as a fall back. At the moment I'm thinking of a cycle mechanic, getting a City and Guilds certificate in October!

I can hear bats.
  • bigdrew1
    bigdrew1 Posts: 353
    Yeah, I also picked mine up on Thursday..Got 8 A's and 3 B's so was a very happy chappy!!.. Staying at 6th form next year to do Maths Physics and a double Engineering course.
  • Cool - am hoping to take my cytechs (privately) within the next year - want to open up my own shop within the next two years - but could be a pipe dream - hopefully not :wink:
  • P66
    Just make sure you have enough for insurance and parts, you'll be laughing in no time.

I can hear bats.
  • dan1983
    I think in the right area you'e on to a winner. I know where I live the only bike shops within easy reach are an indepenent store which only seems to sell high end products, an Evans (and i'd much rather use an independent store than national chain which is over-priced), and a few smaller shops that dont really cater for much more than your 'casual user' (i.e. kids). Therefore all my purchases are off net, but i'd rather see products before i buy them.

So, if you had a mix of the right location, and right stock (wide variation) and the right price, you'd do well.

Thats just my opinion though!
  • P66
    I think most proper bikers would, like you say, want to see prducts and check compatability before they buy. So it is a rearly good investment to start a decent bike shop.

I can hear bats.
  • dan1983
    I agree, but like i said i guess the location is vital. In an area where there's already several shops, it's going to have to have something different to attract customers, but in an area like mine, as long as it's half decent you should get customers regardless. But then you've got to think about will you have the demand in some areas?
  • P66
    I'm moving to the Outer Hebrides in 2 years, think that would be ok?

I can hear bats.
  • dan1983
    Ha, wouldnt know, never been! :D
  • P66
    Theres one in Stornaway, not sure if it's any good. I've see a couple of people who ride there. I'm sure they would love some quality parts.

I can hear bats.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Got my A-levels through the other week.

AABb, gets me into medicine at Lancaster :)
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    Good for you - taking your bike i guess for the odd day they let you out for sleep etc
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Aye, I will be taking a couple bikes with me: a town hacker and my mtb. Only got space for one bike in the storage so my Stumpy is sleeping with me :D
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • dan1983
    I went to lancaster, it was great, you'll love it. But i wouldnt leave your bikes outside, my mate did and it got stolen!