killer short climbs

teacherman
teacherman Posts: 454
edited August 2007 in Health, fitness & training
As my fitness is coming on nicely i've started riding much more technical stuff. Bottom line is i can't get up those v. steep, short sections that you often find on longer climbs - esp. when it is rocky/rooty/muddy. There's one on my regular ride that just kicks the crap out of me every time.
:oops:

Hate that moment when you realise it just aint gonna hapen and you need to unclip fast!

Any advice gratefully received!
I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I still struggle with them, but am improving.
    One thing I was told was to basically let the saddle shag you up the ar.......
    NOT comfy, but keeps the weight over the front so you can steer and enough weight over the rear for traction. If a rock spits out I guess there's not much you can do except fall over- well that could be just me! :oops: :lol:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • teacherman
    teacherman Posts: 454
    Lol - sounds familiar ratty 2k!

I'll follow your advice until they start bottling ability and then we can all ride like gods! :lol::wink:

Whadda ya mean I aint kind?
    I'm just not your kind.... (Megadeth - Peace sells...Yes?)
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    teacherman wrote:

Whadda ya mean I aint kind?
    I'm just not your kind.... (Megadeth - Peace sells...Yes?)

Oh yes!!!!!!! Gotta love that song! Black Friday's always a fave aswell!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....