Afan and Glyncorrwyg Bank holiday weekend?

thaibog
thaibog Posts: 271
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
The campsite is full and we have to use the Rugby Pitch so I imagine a few of you are off to Afan this weekend. Who's going and what trails are you riding on what days?

Gonna be a sunny weekend looks like a good bank holiday.

Thumbs up for a few days of inclination... 8)

Comments

• davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    Would have loved to go but snapped my Ransom while in the alps and will be taking it back to wher i bought it from to get a refund (hopefully) or a replacement bike.

Gutted.
  • thaibog
    thaibog Posts: 271
    hey Dave.!

By christ you snapped it?..how the hell did you do that?
    Gotta be a warranty replacement isnt it?
    How was the alps?..except for the damage of course.Did you get a lot of riding before it broke? Got any pics posted?

The chilterns have been muddy and slippy since you sent the last e-mail. We can hopefully get together when you get the new bike.

Good luck

• davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    Yeah, first i noticed a crack on a weld on the shock mount, took a gamble and carried on riding it. Second ride after I was on my way down one of the DH runs at Les Gets and all of a sudden the back wheel feels all wobbly, i look down thinking I have a buckled wheel to find the chainstay has snapped clean through! Fark! it could have been messy, luckily i was going along a relatively flat/slow bit otherwise I may have broken myself as well.

It would be a warranty replacement as I've had the bike less than a year, but I'm not too happy about getting the same bike again after it breaks like a £70 appollo after less than a year. So i'm gonna try and get a refund or different bike, threaten to see legal advice etc if they get moody.

I'll get some pics posted soon, been flat out with work since i got back.

The riding was terrific though, definitely will be going back next year, several times hopefully!

and i'll be going to afan sometime in the next month or two hopefully
  • genus
    genus Posts: 43
    Aaah, wish I'd known. Went down on Saturday, lol.