94 miles

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
just done my first 94 mile ride it took me over 7 hrs including breaks went from lancaster to kirby lonsdale then skipton then clitheroe then over waddigton fell and then trough of bowland my leg muscles almost gave up last 10 miles i even had to walk up some hills has this happened to anyonelse

Comments

• steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    i think most people have had to push their bike at some point due to being too knakered!!!

good on yer for the ride, the 100 miler is set up............... :lol:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Nice "lumps" to finish on

You could have chosen an easier route!! :D

Chapeau

george
  • wors
    wors Posts: 90
    How was the route, am thinking of going from bolton to morcombe via clitheroe, dunsop bridge, trough of bowland.
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    Good on you Andy - how far had you ridden before going for that distance ? I try to keep to 10% further than my previous longest route and ignore the effect of hills - but then again I keep stupid spreadsheets of all kinds of ride data and over-analyse everything
  • andy610
    andy610 Posts: 602
    ive did 72 miles before that
  • yeah i had to push up a hill the other day. But i was quite pleased when i got to the top it said it was 1 in 4. so i think i was justified.
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    andy610 wrote:
    ive did 72 miles before that

Ahh - my '10% further' rule might have avoided those 10 miles when you suffered :lol:

I'm only jealous