Glentress Accomodation?

tubsolard
tubsolard Posts: 150
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Does anyone have any recommendations for accomodation in Glentress, Scotland?

I'm going in September for a few days and it's always best to get advice from people who have been before for biking, rather than just look for a hotel on the net!

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Cannondale Super Six Evo
Cannondale Slice Aero

Comments

• tubsolard wrote:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for accomodation in Glentress, Scotland?

Scott

http://www.glentress.org.uk/index.html

Best hotel, best price, best food
  • tubsolard
    tubsolard Posts: 150
    Thanks for that.
    Emailed and no vacancies exept Sat and Sun, we're going Wed-Mon.
    Have found some alternatives though and sending emails to them too.
    Cheers

Scott
    Cannondale Super Six Evo
    Cannondale Slice Aero
  • I second the vote for the Glentress Hotel. Dead friendly staff and the food is amazing- a taxi driver told me that the owner (who's also the chef) at the Glentress Hotel usd to be the Head Chef at the Peebles Hydro. Excellent breakfasts too. And all reasonably priced. And it's about 4 quid into town by taxi.
  • Kramer
    Kramer Posts: 16
    We stayed in the Glentress Hotel last time, and can back everything said above up. It's great for access to the trail, and the food and hospitality is fantastic, the owner is really helpful. The rooms are a bit basic, but they're clean, comfortable and warm.

We were really happy there, but we're trying the Tontine next time, just because it's a bit more handy for town.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Cardrona Breaks are excellent. Just over a mile away from the trails and a lovely apartment. We stayed in the golf appartment a couple weeks ago and it was well kept and had everything we needed. Juli Dennison (the owner) was very helpful and friendly. You also get a good discount on the price as there is some building work outside at the moment. Definately worth a look.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.