tailwind sports and discovery team clothing

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited September 2007 in Campaign
tail wind sports are now not sponsoring discovery team and i have bought all the 2007 team kit £150.00 im so annoyed i feel there is no need to wear it now, i must have a case to claim my money back anyone any ideas.

Comments

• fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Why don't you make 3 or 4 similar posts about it on the bike radar forums, I'm sure that would help. Oh.... hang on!
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    You sad man
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Shame on you for supporting the Manchester United of cycling.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Don't listen to these fools. I can sympathize.

I recently bought a black and red cycling top for £19.99 only to be informed by one of my missus' girlie type mags that red is 'soooo last year'.

I'm at a loss what to do. Should I bin it and take the loss of almost 20 quid on the chin? Wear it anyway and risk the ridicule of the cycling haute couture elite? Or should I sue the ass off the company for tricking me into buying something red in the first place?

laughing-smiley-014.gif
    My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Don't listen to these fools. I can sympathize.

I recently bought a black and red cycling top for £19.99 only to be informed by one of my missus' girlie type mags that red is 'soooo last year'.

I'm at a loss what to do. Should I bin it and take the loss of almost 20 quid on the chin? Wear it anyway and risk the ridicule of the cycling haute couture elite? Or should I sue the ass off the company for tricking me into buying something red in the first place?

laughing-smiley-014.gif

What type of man are you that you read the missus' girlie type mags? Instantly you have made 2 mistakes. Your first mistake was in admitting (on a public forum) that you read these girlie type mags and then the second was to buy something 'soooo last year'. You deserve all the ridicule you get for both of these 'errors of judgements'.

You could always resort to giving the wife a good spanking for putting the temptation of these mags in your path. It won't help heal the pain of having something 'soooo last year' - but your wife might enjoy it :lol:
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    you see, you should always be your own man, and know your own mind, and not be influenced the what "in" and what's "out" and always buy what suits your own style. that way you don't get disappointed like this.

now if you read proper women's magazines rather than girlie magazines you would already have been given this advice.

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia
  • I thought that the situation was the other way around.
    My impression was that Discovery Channel had pulled out of sponsoring the team.
    Lance is one of the major share holders in Tailwind so I can't see him pulling out of sponsoring a cycling team somehow!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Buggi wrote:
    you see, you should always be your own man, and know your own mind, and not be influenced the what "in" and what's "out" and always buy what suits your own style. that way you don't get disappointed like this.
    Ah, that's where I've been going wrong, then. I've been following the mags to the letter, and trying to be my own woman...
  • I'm looking forward to next month's 'Womans Own' feature on what cycling shoes go with peely-wally Irish white legs.
    My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    Oh, good grief... :roll:

I personally couldn't give a flying frack about what the cycling fashion police prescribe as the "proper" togs to wear.

You've paid for the kit, you might as well wear it...
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    put it in the cubord for 20 years then sell it for millions as origanal vintage clothing
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Titanium
    Titanium Posts: 2,056
    andy610 wrote:
    tail wind sports are now not sponsoring discovery team and i have bought all the 2007 team kit £150.00 im so annoyed i feel there is no need to wear it now, i must have a case to claim my money back anyone any ideas.
    Keep livin' the dream dude.

Seriously, why spend all this money to associate yourself with an American cable TV channel and the morals of Johan Bruyneel? You can get real Assos gear for that budget and it's always in fashion.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Fake Hincapie's signature on it and sell it all on eBay.

You can purchase riders autographs there too, for reference purposes.
  • Sub3_99
    Sub3_99 Posts: 1,591
    I usually buy the "latest" team kit a year late. Best buy I ever got was a Coast winter jacket for about £20 just after the team went belly-up :wink:
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    TBH I still see loads of people riding around in US Postal team kits, or last years Cofidis Jersey.

The Discovery Team Kit looks really nice and you can just say it's a blast from the past (and one of their most succesful seasons ever!).
    No-one will think any less of you for wearing an out of date Discovery Kit than they would if you wear any other teams kit.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • nolf wrote:
    TBH I still see loads of people riding around in US Postal team kits, or last years Cofidis Jersey.

Heaven forbid!!!
  • There's only one team kit I would consider buying and that's Mapei cause I like those little cubes and rainbows. Apart from that I think team kit is pretentious.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Mapei kit is hideous.

Each to their own eh ? :D