Tour of Britain

Spoff
Spoff Posts: 98
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
I'm interested to know if anyone's going to get out and take a look at the Tour this year. I work for one of the sponsors so it's not just an idle query . . .

Comments

• I think it will be as excellent as usual for the specators this year.

There is always a good atmosphere but it hopefully wont be as rammed in the New Forest as it was on the Mall for Le Tour.

Can you say which sponsor you work for and if they will be dishing the freebies? :lol:
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    Something has kept me away every year so far but this year i've got leave booked so there should be nothing stopping me :D .

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • Spoff
    Spoff Posts: 98
    I think it will be as excellent as usual for the specators this year.

There is always a good atmosphere but it hopefully wont be as rammed in the New Forest as it was on the Mall for Le Tour.

Can you say which sponsor you work for and if they will be dishing the freebies? :lol:

I'm not saying which one I work for but there will be freebies - we've got some nice water bottles that are branded to hell and huge quantities will be handed out in the Midlands, smaller numbers elsewhere.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I would love to but I only get back off holiday a couple of days before so I'm likely to be busy when it's at Crystal Palace. The rest of the route is quite a trek to get to.

A day in East Anglia next year would go down well!
  • arranandy
    arranandy Posts: 688
    Planning to go and see Stage 6 out on the road somewhere round Crawfordjohn then hopefully catch the end of the stage in Glasgow
    Flying Scot? You must be joking!
  • saif
    saif Posts: 100
    I'm volunteering
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Crystal Palace is local for me, so... yes, provided it's not p•ssing down with rain.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Looking forward to the prologue at CP - old school Peugeot hat will be out again ala the Tour.
  • Hopefully I will get to the start of stage 3.The tours first visit to worcester I'll be there with my canon 10D and L lenses,should get some nice shots.
  • Up there with Squ@retip but I'll be dragging the 1D/L series stuff out on the Rother Valley-Bradford stage though :wink:
  • beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    Might take my lad to the prologue if the weathers okay. What should the crowds be like for this? I've never been before.
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • Scoosh
    Scoosh Posts: 11
    I plan on doing something similar to arranandy, so maybe I'll see you there !

Then Glasgow to Edinburgh ride next day.... if any energy left !

David
    Peugot 12 vitesse - bought for a Fiver (inc helmet, lock and local map !) 52/42 and 11-22

Condor Fratello, SRAM Rival - bought for a lot more !
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    I shall probably be at the KoM at Whiteside Hill on stage 6 or Muirkirk if the weather is foul.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • Will be in the New Forest for what I can only imagine will be a very fast pass by, but who cares at least we are supporting.
    Vive la tour
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Woo I'll be loitering around somewhere along the stage 3 route. My dad lives down Malvern way and he told me on the phone that the bridge at Colwall is still closed due to it being unsafe so hope that gets fixed in time. Also I can imagine the descent down the Malvern Hills being seriously treacherous if it's wet. Might see some crashes on the sharp corners.

*EDIT* Noticed that they turn off before that bridge so shouldn't be a problem.
  • Last year I waited in Tenterden, Kent for three hours in not too great weather and when they showed up they were just plodding along because the police had sent the poor loves the wrong way for 20 minutes so they refused to race. Nice attitude from the C list prima-donnas! Having said that I'll be there again this year.........
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    last year i went to the start at bradford and the finish in london.

it's great for the access to the riders and the closeness to the event in general.

good to see t-mobile will be riding as well.
  • mike boyce wrote:
    Will be in the New Forest for what I can only imagine will be a very fast pass by, but who cares at least we are supporting.
    Vive la tour

Keep an eye out for a Fenland jersey and give me a shout if you see me!!! I have printed the map off and am thinking Beaulieu could be the best spot to watch from.