Tintern and the Wye Valley

david2
david2 Posts: 5,200
edited September 2007 in Campaign
Are beautiful places to cycle around, quite difficult in places because you get forced onto the A499. There is a proposal for a Sustrans route along it which would be a brilliant idea. Needless to say someone is objecting. Worried about the area being flooded with bicyclists apparently.

Oh well, here'd the whole story:

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... 6326#views

Why not have your say, maybe Mrs Lewis can be persuaded not to be so bloody stupid.

Comments

• david2 wrote:
    Are beautiful places to cycle around, quite difficult in places because you get forced onto the A499. There is a proposal for a Sustrans route along it which would be a brilliant idea. Needless to say someone is objecting. Worried about the area being flooded with bicyclists apparently.

There's history behind this. I first heard of the issue about that railway path in 1992, and the issue wasn't new then.

Jeremy Parker
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    A466 not A499

Yours

A Pedant
  • She does have a valid point about an increase in potential traffic in the area, which is not a good thing. I'ms still amazed that we consider mixing pedestrians and cyclists, problem is the planners believe that the cycling public are Mr and Mrs Publc and their 2 kids going for a gentle 5 mph pootle. No use whatsoever for commuters, nor anyne wishing to use a bike as an alternative means of transport - I use the Taf and Celtic trails a lot in the winter, and because its also a footpath it can get a bit tricky at times - a few peds walking the dog get annoyed with the cyclists, and vice versa.