Nose Hair.................

lardarse rider
lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
edited August 2007 in The bottom bracket
As a man rapidly approaching 40, I have noticed, what started as a trickle about 10 years ago is now reaching ridiculous levels. My nose hair is starting to grow so fast and long that it is coming out of my ears. I even found a pure white one last night.

What is the reason for this extra hair growth in late younger life? Do children not have nose hair?

I must admit to getting some sort of perverse pleasure from plucking them out but, Lately it is a struggle to keep up :cry:(plucking the nose hair I mean. Although I imagine that'll be next :shock: )

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle

Comments

• jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    You could let them grow and comb them into into a moustache :)

But when you pluck ( nose hairs)....

doesn't it make you sneeze?

does me.

george
  • Max_Man
    Max_Man Posts: 185
    27 here and nosehair is just becoming visible. I'm sure I'm too young for bloody nosehair.. :shock:

Anyway, got remmington nosehair remover and it's pretty good at trimming but leave's really short sharp hair's in your nose that irritate the hell out of you....... :x

Thank god, no ear hair yet.
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    edited August 2007
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Just watch out for cling ons. Nose hair is one thing, but having a bogey hanging from the edge is another!
  • jibi
    Jonesy

could you take out a few W's please
    save us all from scrolling, please

thanks in advance

george
  • L60N
    L60N Posts: 223
    Jonesy124 Is that you in your avatar?

hubba hubba :lol:

Sorry, erm yeah... Nosehair.... grim :(
  • jibi wrote:

But when you pluck ( nose hairs)....

doesn't it make you sneeze?

does me.

george

It's that moment between pluck and sneeze that I find strangely enjoyable

• Max_Man wrote:
    27 here and nosehair is just becoming visible. quote]

That's when it started for me. Be afraid, be very afraid :cry:

• Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    L60N wrote:
    Jonesy124 Is that you in your avatar?

hubba hubba :lol:

:(

Yeah, come on, tell us. I've been wondering that too :wink: .

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • jibi
    It makes you wonder how many people actual look at sig lines.

back to nose hair....

That moment!!!!!!
    excruciatingly painful yet pleasurable
    I know what you mean.
    I just had to pluck one now to remember what you meant ( too much information) :oops:

george
  • Max_Man
    LOL, this thread'sfunny....... :lol:

I'm to scared to pluck, feel like they are directly attached to my tear duct's... :D
  • jibi
    Max_Man wrote:
    LOL, this thread'sfunny....... :lol:

I'm to scared to pluck, feel like they are directly attached to my tear duct's... :D

Go on!!!!
    You know you want to :evil:
    You owe it to the scientific body.

Did you sneeze?

Was is painful?
    Pleasurable?
    Both?

We are waiting

george
  • Max_Man
    Yep, I tried it, didn't sneeze.....it really hurt, but kind pleasurable (strange this whole pleasure/pain thing).

Think I might try some of that hair removal cream.... :wink:
  • Max_Man wrote:
    Yep, I tried it, didn't sneeze.....it really hurt, but kind pleasurable (strange this whole pleasure/pain thing).

Real men pluck :shock:

• Max_Man
    I thought it was real men don't shave their leg's ( :wink: ), this cycling game is confusing.... :D
  • lateralus
    lateralus Posts: 309
    Max_Man wrote:

That's serious dedication to science! ouch!
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    A cracking quote on the subject of nose hair by Rik Mayall, taken from the very first episode of "Bottom";

"....if some bird sees that coming at her out of the dark she's likely to pull on it and expect the butler to come in."

:)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    I find nosehair fascinating. How wiry can a piece of hair get!? Its ridiculous how strong that stuff is. I've even had a peek at one under a strong microscope. Its a wonder of nature.
  • pigman
    pigman Posts: 76
    I find nosehair fascinating. Its ridiculous how strong that stuff is. Its a wonder of nature.

then don't waste it - its great for sewing up tubs after a puncture.

I enjoy the pulling them out, its the nosebleeds a couple of hours after that are a pain in the @rse.!
  • jibi
    If we all do it and collect them all we could have a Cake Stop jersey made and it could tour the country from rider to rider

Where have I heard that before???

george
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    i removed some e's and w's :)
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    jonesy124 wrote:
    i removed some e's and w's :)

:?: :?: :?:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Jibi wrote:
    If we all do it and collect them all we could have a Cake Stop jersey made and it could tour the country from rider to rider
    Would this make it a magic jersey? No matter how slowly you ride or how fast your opponents you'd always win by a nose?

Nose hair doesn't bother me, it's the hairy ears that come along after. If I don't shave mine I look like I've got a small mirkin on each ear! I should probably have included them in my poll.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • jibi
    edited August 2007
    Jonesy

Thanks gal.

ejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

But it looks like the tech guys came up with a fix too

back to nose hair folks

george
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    How did the e's and w's get up your nose in the first place, Jonesey?
    did you pluck them or are you a wuss?
    do girls get nose and ear hair, too?

so many questions, so little time.

On a related thread (geddit?), it is my wedding anniversary tomorrow and for all of the last 17 years, I have been presenting my wife, almost nightly, with a small blob of carefully harvested belly-button fluff. A long time ago, I asked her to promise to make it into a cushion one day. However, I have never seen the work in progress.

Do you think she is humouring me?
    Why does her face change shape so dramatically, when I give her my offering?
    Is there any chance I will ever get my fluff cushion?

so many questions ........

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• jibi
    Pneu

Is it blue?
    My BBfluff is always blue, even if I wear a white vest :?

Or is it really my stuffing coming out?

george
  • pneumatic
    Yep, always blue! A sort of dove-grey perhaps, or blackbird egg-shell, not quite Bianchi blue (that would be a bit scary!) but unmistakeably blue.

Latterly, it has been finely laced with strands of chest hair (or maybe nose hair?) which makes it bind together better and should make for a springier cushion, when the job is finally completed.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    pneumatic wrote:
    do girls get nose and ear hair, too?

so many questions ........
    I don't know why I'm admitting it but I've started getting three hairs on my chin!

Grim.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were white but they're dark and wiry.

Really grim.
  • pneumatic
    I had one growing out of the outside of my nose (in the middle). I told the children it was my "nashorn" (german for rhino) and that it has special powers and that without it I would be directionless. They finally begged me to pluck it (now that they are teenagers).

Since it went, I have not been myself and have lost a sense of purpose. For example, I now spend a lot of time p1ss1ng about on cycling forums talking nonsense.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations

• ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    edited August 2007
    pneumatic wrote:
    I had one growing out of the outside of my nose (in the middle). I told the children it was my "nashorn" (german for rhino) and that it has special powers and that without it I would be directionless. They finally begged me to pluck it (now that they are teenagers).

Since it went, I have not been myself and have lost a sense of purpose. For example, I now spend a lot of time p1ss1ng about on cycling forums talking nonsense.

Very funny :lol:
    I have pain!
  • pneumatic
    Don't get me started! Fresh from the attack on my nashorn, the latest assault is on what they disparagingly call my "combover". It is just hair that hasn't been cut for a few months that I have to arrange in such a way as it doesn't fall over my eyes, but, OH NO!, dad is heading for a bad Bobby Charlton moment and it seems to be their purpose in life to stop him from making a complete tit of himself (or, rather, them).

Making a tit of himself? They know nothing!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations