Fixed valuation

rendo
rendo Posts: 194
edited August 2007 in Road general
I'm thinking of selling this to fund another bike, but no idea what it would be worth. i have an idea what i want for it. the majority of the components are new so here goes----

Joe Waugh 653 Frame - built for time trialling so low headset, track ends (120oln) very good condition, if a not so pretty paint job
campag pista 170/52 chainset new with campag bb.
suzue promax rear with drc sirio rim, very nice wheel. new
front shimano ultegra. new
bars are profile low pros (new) and have some cinelli angel tri bars.
stems a 3t record, but that wll be changed. probably cinelli 1/a or x/a
stronglight headset
look ergo stem, used
option of saddle (brooks swift honey or flite gel something)
modolo brakes (used) with front RHS dia compe reverse action lever.

i can do various build options, the bars can be replaced with cinelli crit or Giro's i can put on front and rear brakes and aero levers.
the look seatpost could be changed for a campag (if its long enough) or an unbranded silver one. saddle option as above. i can also match the front whelel to the rear, so a pair of suzue promax with drc sirio rims, these are semi deep 31mm rims.

what do you think - should have photos later

Comments

• pravrao
    pravrao Posts: 5
    photos please?

You should also add up what you spent on the bike components to give people a better idea - you will not make it all back though - sorry!

roughly 60% of what you spent ? I have no idea.. £450+?

That ergostem alone is £60 on ebay.. mm nice compionents.

Don't forget that frame size also affects ££s.

If I saw it on ebay & it was my size & I had the cash & I wanted it & it suited my needs (not into TT geometry) I'd bid to £400, but if I didn't know how to / want to put something like this together it would be plenty more.
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    Would you expect to get more for a medium sized frame? What sort of prices would a 23" frame expect to fetch. I have a Wearwell 50's track frame (110 OLN) in need of a respray, Nervex Professional lugset. I am unsure if I should keep it?
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    You'll always get more parting it out.