Mind rotting tv

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited August 2007 in The bottom bracket
As an aside to the TV shows thread. I happaned to flick over to 'You can't sack me I'm famous' last night. I was already in a bad mood so when I realised it was just a program about the sacking of Richard Bacon it made me mad! Whoooo givvvesss a fooooorkkk!!!?

Piers Morgan delves deep into the lives and turbulent careers of eight famous faces, each at the centre of a high-profile sacking scandal. Piers meets Richard Bacon to get the real story behind the scandal that rocked Blue Peter when Bacon was spectacularly sacked from the show following a tabloid drugs expose. At 22 he'd lost his job and his career was in tatters, but worse was to come when he discovered who had betrayed him to the papers

honestly....this whole obsession with celebrity is ridiculous. They ought to just put the test card up if they can't think of a decent tv show to put on.

Comments

• Shadowduck
    Shadowduck Posts: 845
    Meh, switch it off and find something else to do. Life's better without it.
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Ah yes , the test card , that takes me back. And the potter's wheel , remember that?
    A more honest era.
    They told you that the broadcasters had nothing worth showing , and they weren't going to pretend otherwise like they do now.

Snake
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • I agree - this sort of thing is pointless, as are programs were you watch 'celebrities' do things - ice, skate, sing etc - badly. An obsession with the lives of non-entities is ridiculous.

But anyway - so who did betray him to the police?
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • WHy is Piers Mogran on tele so much nowadays :(
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

• honestly....this whole obsession with celebrity is ridiculous. They ought to just put the test card up if they can't think of a decent tv show to put on.

Ah yes...........I wonder what happened to the test card girl? I think she is the last person to be done by Piers Morgan in this series. Apparently she was sacked for cheating at noughts and crosses :lol:

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    The tabloids could probably dig up some dirt on her and that clown.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    ricadus wrote:
    The tabloids could probably dig up some dirt on her and that clown.

You calling Piers a clown? :D:D:D

george