FRAME ADVICE

pader
pader Posts: 152
edited August 2007 in Road general
looking for an off the peg frame with track ends that will take 25mm tyres and hasmudguards eyelets, take front and back brakes.. must be steel. any suggestions ?

Comments

• Bob Jackson Vigorelli?
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    Bob Jackson Vigorelli just bought one my self. They can run up to 28mm I think with mudguards. The frames come up a little larger as the BB is 11".

Check out their web site 631 seems quite light to me only being used to 531 before.
  • GaryGkn
    Vigorelli doesn't take a back brake,

Surly steam roller should do all that you need.
  • oh yeah. Doh!
  • pader
    thanks. steamroller doesnt have mudguard eyelets. this is my dilema. bobjackson might braze some on i suppose. any other suggestions ?
  • Pompino innit.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Pompino innit.
    Indeed. And just £125 for the frame at the moment.

Bargain innit. :wink:
  • Cotic Roadrat
  • I second the Cotic.

Don't go near the Surly. It's heavy, plain gauge and overpriced.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • pader
    thanks all, i like the look of the cotic. will it take a caliper brake or do i have to go disk / v brake ?
    if it v brake, does dia comp go well with those ?
  • condor pista - i use raceblades on mine so the lack of mudguard eylets isn't an issue. lovely ride tho
  • pader wrote:
    thanks all, i like the look of the cotic. will it take a caliper brake or do i have to go disk / v brake ?
    if it v brake, does dia comp go well with those ?

The Road Rat is disk or V/Canti's only. I prefer cantis with skinny tyres as vees can be a bit vicous. Don't use low profile cantis though, they're 5h1t.

This is the shape to avoid. This is the shape to go for. This is a good halfway house and probably the easiest shape to find.

And cantis work well will ordinary drop bar brake levers.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • GaryGkn
    Bob Jackson have the option of mudguard eyelets at no extra cost. Good frame was out on it yesterday for 3 hours. What I noticed was a lack of fatigue from me probably due to the design of the frame and tubing.
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    I'm sure Bob Jackson would do a custom and include back brake fitting for you for not much extra.
  • steverile
    steverile Posts: 514
    I've asked this, but they don't seem to do email. I should overcome my shyness really and pick up the phone :)