Free Tour de France Yellow Jerseys

irb10
irb10 Posts: 32
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Haribo are apparently giving away 1000 Tour de France yellow jerseys. You just need to fill in your details on their website:

http://www.haribo.com/planet/uk/promotion/tour2007/htdocs/supersprint.html

Comments

• jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    if this actually works i will love you!

any idea how long the offer has been running for?
  • how sweet! (ok - worst pun of the day so far..)

have filled out their form - seems to imply that if you are in first 1000 you get a shirt - wonder how long they will leave the page up after that gaining contact details for marketing purposes. Also - not sure I have nerve to wear a yellow jersey other than in a 'race' I have been entered for at Thruxton circuit during a motorsport meeting in October, which no-one is taking too seriously!
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ive signed up and im signing my mate up as well, and maybe my other mate so that i can get 2 jerseys...
  • Jonesy loves irb10!

Jonesy loves irb10!

(said over and over again in an annoying kid in the playground style voice)
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    Steady irb10, Jonesy said the love was conditional on her getting the jersey. They sell them about 100m from where I'm sitting right now. Do you want to go and buy one? Shall we say retail price plus 200%?
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited August 2007
    Jonesy loves irb10!

Jonesy loves irb10!

(said over and over again in an annoying kid in the playground style voice)

I think that is a tad presumptious - note the sentence:

"IF this actually works i will love you! "

Perhaps it should be:
    *Jonesy loves irb10!

*Only if she gets a free jersey

:lol:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • irb10
    irb10 Posts: 32
    Thanks for the love Jonesy! I think it's only been running a couple of days so there's a chance they haven't run out of jerseys yet , but then I guess they won't necessarily pull the offer from the website immediately so they can harvest more contact details. Let us know if one arrives in the post!
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Sometimes these type of things can turn out not bad - sometimes there may even be a good offer in among all the paper and spam mail you receive. :o
  • jonesy124
    i am very excited.

why would anyone not have the nerve to wear one? If fat chavs can go around wearing premiership team football shirts, why cant we wear the yellow jersey?

Obviously I dont think I qualify to wear it, but I am being practical here - yellow is bright and easier to see, and one extra shirt means one extra day before putting them all in the wash.
  • daniel_b
    On the money saving expert forum, it would appear some people had an e-mail to say their shirt would be dispatched in 28 days.

I haven't had an e-mail (Has anyone else?), so perhaps we have missed out :(

Time will tell.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    jonesy124 wrote:
    i am very excited.

why would anyone not have the nerve to wear one? If fat chavs can go around wearing premiership team football shirts, why cant we wear the yellow jersey?

Oi...some of us fat chavs also cycle. We have feelings you know :P
  • jonesy124
    Daniel B wrote:
    On the money saving expert forum, it would appear some people had an e-mail to say their shirt would be dispatched in 28 days.

Time will tell.

Dan

any idea how long it took for them to receive the email. :(
  • daniel_b
    jonesy124 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:

Time will tell.

Dan

any idea how long it took for them to receive the email. :(

Would look to be within half an hour or so - might be worth checking your junk mail as well.
    Guess this is one we forget about, and we get a pleasant surpise or we don't!

**Just noticed on the first and actual pages, it states they are giving away 'Over 1000 Jerseys'

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    The tour was a month ago. :roll:
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    I'm all excited now :) But what size will it be? Fat chav? :)
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • beckenham
    The terms and conditions suggest that they are all "L", presumably that's large.

Wonder what size the enigmatic Jonesy is?
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    how sweet! (ok - worst pun of the day so far..)

have filled out their form - seems to imply that if you are in first 1000 you get a shirt - wonder how long they will leave the page up after that gaining contact details for marketing purposes. Also - not sure I have nerve to wear a yellow jersey other than in a 'race' I have been entered for at Thruxton circuit during a motorsport meeting in October, which no-one is taking too seriously!

Just applied for one myself. According to the Terms & Conditions, "the applicant's details will be used for the sole purpose of mailing a free jersey" or something along those lines, so if Haribo stick to their T&Cs, your letterbox should remain bumf-free. On the other hand, there's always a chance you might get free sweets or money-off vouchers!
    They also promise not to submit your details to 3rd-party junk-mailers; hope they stick to that promise also.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Just my luck. I can't get any text on the screen and fill in the form. Work's PC doesn't have an up to date copy of shockwave. Don't suppose anyone knows of a Flash free site.

By the time I get home they will have all gone. Damn.

Ah well. I'll just have to go and win one instead.

I know I'm alright, the voices tell me so.

i've applied, but when on earth would i wear it?
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Shame if they are all L, the little one (he's 6) is desperate to get a cycling top after loving watching le tour, and when I say I will get him one he asks "will it be a yellow tour de France one?"

But then again........ if i it is an L it'll be another top for me :lol:

Thanks for the heads up!
  • beckenham
    hammerite, have you tried some of the larger bike shops? They might stock them in kids sizes. My youngest also loved sitting with Dad and watching the tour. The older 2, and the wife, couldn't stand it but me and Harry enjoyed every minute :)
  • hammerite
    Had an e-mail asking for confirmation of the little ones application cos it needed parent verification. Thumbs up!
  • hammerite
    beckenham wrote:
    hammerite, have you tried some of the larger bike shops? They might stock them in kids sizes. My youngest also loved sitting with Dad and watching the tour. The older 2, and the wife, couldn't stand it but me and Harry enjoyed every minute :)

I was in Decathlon the other day and they had a few cycling tops in kids sizes, unfortunately the 6 yo tops were too small, and they'd run out of the 8 yo ones.

We go on holiday next week so I'll get him one when we come back from holiday as we won't be doing any cycling while we're away. I think he'd ideally want a team kit or yellow, I think the bright colours and all the adverts are alluring to the average 6 yo :D
  • beckenham
    My littlen's after a new bike. He want's one like my road bike. Do you know if anyone makes a "road bike" suitable for an 8 year old to ride on pavements and through the woods etc?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    done it...but not holding out much hope.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hammerite
    beckenham wrote:
    My littlen's after a new bike. He want's one like my road bike. Do you know if anyone makes a "road bike" suitable for an 8 year old to ride on pavements and through the woods etc?

I suppose the closest thing is a cyclo cross bike, but not sure you can get one for an 8 yo. I'm not even going there yet for a 6 yo, the way he bumps up and down kerbs!
  • beckenham
    hammerite wrote:
    beckenham wrote:

I suppose the closest thing is a cyclo cross bike, but not sure you can get one for an 8 yo. I'm not even going there yet for a 6 yo, the way he bumps up and down kerbs!

He wants it to look like a road bike so I might just be able to put some drops on one, but then will he be able to get to the brakes etc? Might just stick to the normal kids bikes but see if they do one that's a bit "roady"
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    Size L will be massive on me. Ordering one anyway
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    Let us know if anyone gets one :D I would wear it myself its juts a jersey yellow or not I have seen a few riders with emm on.
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    For sale: One large tdf jersey.
    BNWT.
    Will ship Worldwide.
    :D