I have a couple of questions

motorsport man
motorsport man Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
Hi

I have a hardtail bike only,

I would like to get into doing road biking know, any tips on a bike to get and what equipmets i need, the cheaper the better.

Also would like to do a dueathlon found one at castle combe in november, do you actually need a road bike to compete in it, can I use my hard tail

James

Comments

• heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Hi James,
    There's alot of threads on here about first/cheap roadbike so have a search around but generally speaking you can't go wrong with a Specialized Allez or the alternatives offered by the big names like Giant and Trek. They'll be of a decent quality and last you a while. Go to your local bike shop (LBS) and have a word about sizing and try a couple out. Second hand is also worth a look as you'll often get more for your money.

Alot of people do events like Duathlon or triathlon on a mtb. Stick some slicks on and pump them up hard and you'll do ok. Obviously you'll get a couple of mph faster out of a road bike but better to enter and give it a go on your hardtail than write it off altogether. Also stick some rigid forks on if you can or at least lock out the suspension forks if thats what you have.
    Good luck and wlecome to the forum.
  • Hi

Yer can lock my forks up,

Thanks for the information

James