Fulcrum 3 shimano free hub

pinarellodude
pinarellodude Posts: 102
edited August 2007 in Workshop
Just bought some Fulcrum 3 wheels for shimano 10sp yet my 10sp cassettes don't fit? I'm sue the freehub is shimano but the cassette's don't fit so I've toyed with ordering a hew Ulterga freehub any ideas? :?

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    I think that the choices with the Fulcrum R3's are:

Campag
    Shimano 8,9,10
    Shimano new 10 (Dura Ace)

Looks like you may have a Dura Ace compatible 10spd.

As you say, reckon you may need a new Shimano 8,9,10 freehub.

How about ordering a Dura Ace cassette instead? Might be cheaper/easier?
    Rich
  • At the moment I've tried fitting a 10sp Ultegra cassette but I have a 10sp Dura ace cassette on a set off Carbones so I'll try that cassette :?
  • You star swapped the cassette off the carbone(dura ace 10sp) for the Ultergra 10sp I'd tried to fit on to the Fulcrums and it fitted! That's wierd would have thought they would be the same? Any how thanks bud :D
  • Sailing7
    Sailing7 Posts: 38
    Wierd, I had same problem when I bought my Xero wheels - free hub body splines were stepped so that cassette only fitted onto splines before the step up. Luckily the free hub can be changed with a cone spanner and allen key, which is exactly what Don, the supplier, did for me in ten minutes! Annoying how Shimano keep changing specs so that new bits can't be retro fitted!
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    when I swapped my 105 cassette onto my new R3's the thin spacer would not fit, but the cassette did and tightened/aligned without any hassle, should this be ok?

Secondly, the splines on the free hub have a number of deeper grooves not filled by the cassette, weight saving or there for the new dura ace cassettes?

just to throw some confusion into the mix