Coaching?

young23
young23 Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
Does anybody know any good coach's.

Ive had a look myself and foung the obvious options and then Ive view alternative like obricoaching.com. And im not sure who good and who not. I dont want to pay the the earth.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Try the British Cycling web site and see what comes up from there !
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Hi
    Are you a member of a cycling club?

They have links to coaches, and may even have coaches in the club itself.

May be a good place to start

george
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    I think it helps if you know what you're looking for in a coach. Some people like a very scientific approach, others need a good motivator, some just want a bit of structure in their training. It's certainly worth contacting a few coaches and talking over what you're looking for. You need to be able to get on with him/her and to put your confidence in them if you're going to get the best out of working with a coach.

You might be interested in my website: www.rutheyles.co.uk/ Contact me if you'd like to know more about my coaching.
  • Like Ruth said it's worth chatting/interviewing a few coaches and seeing who you get on with, who has experience in the areas you want to improve, what their success rate is like, and what type of approach they have.

additionally you'll need to check their costs, and whether you have access to the equipment that the coach may require (e.g. with RST, you'll need at least a HR monitor for training prescription, but will preferably use a power meter instead).

The other place to look for coaches is the ABCC site, www.abcc.co.uk

Please feel free to ask any questions you have

Ric
    Professional cycle coaching for cyclists of all levels
    www.cyclecoach.com