Riding in the North East??

nikster
nikster Posts: 2
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
My partner and I have just moved up to the North East and are keen to hook up with other XC riders in the area. We've been to Guisborough, Hamsterey, the Stanes quite a lot so far..

We're based in Seaham so who's up for it?

Oh and if there any biker girl groups near to us then please get in touch. I'd love to join up with you!

Niki

Comments

• Take a look here:

http://mtb-extreme.co.uk/

They have a forum which is worth a look, and some nice local routes.

:wink:
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Hope this aint modded out, but there is a lagre NE contingent here check out the rides section.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • neil_uk
    neil_uk Posts: 289
    Whadda ya mean I dont belive in god?

peace sells, megadeth?
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    neil_uk wrote:
    Whadda ya mean I dont belive in god?

peace sells, megadeth?

But who's buyin?
    Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! Wondered when someone would know what it was- no prizes for being first tho'!!!!!!!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
  • CK
    CK Posts: 88
    There are some old train line tracks which should be accessible to you. Im in sunderland and the tracks start behind cherry knowle hospital and go south some way i havent been any further than primrose valley way but was sort of lost and didnt know exactly where i was. It may be easiest for you to access them behind dalton park just behind the transformer station. Drop me a line if you need more info and i will try to sort a map.

The tracks are pretty flat but good for endurance.

If you like long rides you can also access the C2C route from washington or sunderland.
  • I live on stockton-on-tees in the north east and there is many places i like to go like dalby, hamsterley, guisborough they are the main places i go but i also like to go other places like robin hoods bay and places near whitby its abit extremem the places but turns out to be fun. I also like abit of change so i go to norton quarry which is alright for begginners but then when you get abit better i also like to go to great ayton quarry.
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    Does anyone know of any decent off road rides in the south durham area (other than Hamsterley, and when I say off road I don't mean the old railway lines, I mean 'proper' off road)? Have a real urge to go out tomorrow, but am bored of going up to Hamsterley, and have used far too much petrol this month and can't really afford to put any more in until pay day so don't want to travel too far! Cheers.