Focus Cayo Sizing!

SQU@RETIP
SQU@RETIP Posts: 83
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
Hi there hopefully looking to purchase the cayo soon.One concern is not being able to see the bike before purchase (wiggle).

Im 6ft 1.5" with an inside leg measurement of 34.5" judging from the size table I would fit a XL58 frame or possibly a 60 ??? not sure.

Is there anyone here with my measurements and rides a cayo.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    I'm 6' but not too sure about the inside leg. I brought the XL and it fits fine. In any case you can always send it back and get it changed.

I got the Expert, it's vv nice
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • thanks beckenham looking at the size guide the XXL is for a inside leg of 35"+ not sure what to do.Anyway your right I can always return it.

Incidentally nice bike jealous :)
  • mw336
    mw336 Posts: 26
    Hi
    Bought a Cayo the other week, I'm 6 1" with a 33 " inside leg, I went for the XL 58, and it fits just fine, so you should be ok with that as you will have loads of seat post to play with!!

Very nice bike too if that makes any difference.

Regards
  • Hi

Im 6' 1/2" and got a 58. I'm happy with it, but it is on the large side and I reckon I would have been ok with the 56. Difficult to say whether it would be "better" though. Anyway - my take is that the frames are quite big for their sizes, so if you're between two sizes go for the smaller.

Regardless, its a stunning piece of machinery :)

jon
  • cacbyname
    cacbyname Posts: 285
    I'm 6' 2" and bought the 60cm 2006 Cayo. I found the stem to be too short (90mm) and the cranks were only 172.5 which I thought was on the small side for a bike that large. I felt much happier with the fit once I'd changed both, I guess that's the gamble you take when buying a bike online.
  • mw336 wrote:
    Hi
    Bought a Cayo the other week, I'm 6 1" with a 33 " inside leg, I went for the XL 58, and it fits just fine, so you should be ok with that as you will have loads of seat post to play with!!

Very nice bike too if that makes any difference.

Regards

cheers mw very helpful.
  • Hi

Im 6' 1/2" and got a 58. I'm happy with it, but it is on the large side and I reckon I would have been ok with the 56. Difficult to say whether it would be "better" though. Anyway - my take is that the frames are quite big for their sizes, so if you're between two sizes go for the smaller.

Regardless, its a stunning piece of machinery :)

jon

thanks jon interesting response if I do buy will try a 58 I have pretty long legs.
  • > thanks jon interesting response if I do buy will try a 58 I have pretty long legs.

Yep, from what you say, I'd tend towards the 58 rather than the 60

good luck with it :)
  • cacbyname wrote:
    I'm 6' 2" and bought the 60cm 2006 Cayo. I found the stem to be too short (90mm) and the cranks were only 172.5 which I thought was on the small side for a bike that large. I felt much happier with the fit once I'd changed both, I guess that's the gamble you take when buying a bike online.

thanks,I should take them up on the 7 day test ride maybe.

cheers

Alex
  • I am 6ft 1, have a 34" inside leg, and go the L (58cm cayo expert). 11cm stem is actually too long, have fitted a 10cm one and its a perfect size.