Llandegla - woo-hoo!

skitz
skitz Posts: 44
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Just wanted to say thanks to the riders (of particular note the couple where the guy had no brakes!! :o ) who chatted with me and my mate going round Llandegla red trail today...we were the Scottish and English blokes going round for the first time (GT Avalanche and Kona Hoss). Thanks also to the guys on the black trail who helped when we got lost! D'oh!

We had a totally great time and will be back for more punishment soon! :-)

Pleasure to chat to you all and thanks for the advice/support/tips - MTB'ers really are the nicest folks in the world! :D

Stu

Comments

• anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    how can you get lost at llandegla? there are signposts everywhere!

it is a good ride.. never done the whole red.. always done the blacks. i went on tuesday.. it was a bit warm in the sun (only managed 8 runs of the tables at the top of the forest), but it was nice and warm in the forest, not too hot.

trust me mate, next time you're there, give a black a go.. they are all rollable, the only problem is braking bumps.

may get down there again next week. only been a handful of times this year so far.

and also, for those who ride the blacks, the drop into the berm on the first black has been taken out, its now much faster and smoother around that berm, with no drop. its lost its technicallity, but now its more railable.