Just been up Glentress for the first time!!!

BigRedR
BigRedR Posts: 51
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Having just gotten back into MTB and having picked up by Rockhopper Disc at the weekend there, i thought id take a trip down to Glentress today with a few mates. Its only 45 mins down the road so is pretty handy.

Anyway, i thought it was great - went down the red runs today which were much as i expected. The hill climbs to get up to the top are pretty damn taxing though eh!! :shock: A weekly / fortnightly visit there would get you fit fairly quickly.

A load of cursing a swearing on the climb, a load of liquid consumed in the tremendous weather, stunning views, a great blast down from the top, and a few spills by some of the others in the group (including a head over heels spill in sthe spooky wood ( :lol:) made for a great day out. Think i'll go back next week. :D 8)

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    I'm heading up there next week to spend a week in Cardrona. Its going to be sweet!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • ukcraigb
    ukcraigb Posts: 113
    Hi there,
    Got back from Glentress last week for the first time (long way from London!) and it was awsome, know exactley what you mean about the climb!

My advice would be to do the red climb to the top and ride Spooky Wood. Once you have finished that we (had a mate of mine with me, lives in Glasgow) pushed our way up past Spooky Wood and to the part of the black run where you start heading back down.

Please, please, please, if you go to Glentress dont miss the black route, it truly is awsome!

Now once you get to 'The Deliverence' on the black route take the short cut back to 'The Hub', this will link you up with bottom half of the red route.

If you go the way I suggest you get to do most of the red and a good chunk of the black, was a wicked route, would recommend to anyone.
  • glad2
    glad2 Posts: 190
    a mate and i went up there last year, and we're off there on monday til thursday with another mate this year, can't wait. what has changed since last year?? i have seen some new north-shore 'rollers' and i havent really been able to find anything else.
    if you notice this notice, you'll notice this notice is not worth noticing.