Good semi-local Bike shop

driverpm
driverpm Posts: 65
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
Decent shop for road bikes near (1hr) to Cambridge (not a big fan of the ones in town :(
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable

Comments

• Do you not get on with Ben Haywards?

There supposed to be a good one in Ely, but I can't remember the name of it off-hand
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • driverpm
    driverpm Posts: 65
    Ben Haywards is good (staff friendly and helpful) but limited choice - guess i'm a bit lazy and want to be able to comapre more bikes in one go.
    I've had a qquick look in the Ely store and will probably give it a better look over the weekend - near my folks place. I know they stock Orbea and Pinarello
    Cheers
    Phil
    Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Ely City Cycles are a fine shop, stock a lot of Assos too. Speak to Mark, top man :)
  • Im also looking for a good! bike shop. Have tried all our ones in Cambridge but of course there is no budging on the price of the bikes. I currently have a Giant Terrago disc and a Dawes hybrid but I'm looking to purchase a Giant FCR 1 w but need to sit on one prior to purchase. No joy as yet! I guess we shall keep lookin :evil: :?
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Pauls Bikes in Hitchin is very good.

Half an hour on the train and ten minutes walk from cambridge.
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    london is only an hour away...

condor?
    on your bike?
  • Shakka
    Shakka Posts: 73
    Im also looking for a good! bike shop. Have tried all our ones in Cambridge but of course there is no budging on the price of the bikes. I currently have a Giant Terrago disc and a Dawes hybrid but I'm looking to purchase a Giant FCR 1 w but need to sit on one prior to purchase. No joy as yet! I guess we shall keep lookin :evil: :?

May be too late - I think there may be a Giant FCR w (or was it an OCR??) at Micks Cycles in Bury St Edmunds. Would be best to give them a call before you pop over though, just to make sure.