Beginner Riding mates in South of Glasgow

tujbx
tujbx Posts: 19
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Hey all,
Just to see if there are any guys or gals who fancy a spin on a regular basis around the South side of Glasgow. Im not hugely fit but like singletrack and jumping!
Gonna hit Pollock Park trails to get a bit fitter and fancy some company. Also travel regularly to 7 stanes with space for others so let me know?

Comments

• BigRedR
    BigRedR Posts: 51
    Howdo. I am also relatively new to this game having been away from it for the last 13 years or so. Once i passed my driving test and became more interested in cars, alcohol and women i threw my bike in the garage and forgot about it.

Im in Livingston but would welcome some company around the central scotland area. My mates are still sorting their finances out at present so im the only one with a MTB (just bought myself a rockhopper disc).

Was down at Glentress last week and am heading down Dumfries way on monday or tuesday to try out the Drumlanrig or Mabie Phoenix trails.

If you fancy a blast send me a PM.
  • tujbx
    Hey mate, sent you a PM.... :-D
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    BigRedR wrote:
    Howdo. I am also relatively new to this game having been away from it for the last 13 years or so. Once i passed my driving test and became more interested in cars, alcohol and women i threw my bike in the garage and forgot about it.

Im in Livingston but would welcome some company around the central scotland area. My mates are still sorting their finances out at present so im the only one with a MTB (just bought myself a rockhopper disc).

Was down at Glentress last week and am heading down Dumfries way on monday or tuesday to try out the Drumlanrig or Mabie Phoenix trails.

If you fancy a blast send me a PM.

Sent you a PM mate. I'm in Armadale and am pretty much down at Glentress every week.... :wink:
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • gerdo3
    gerdo3 Posts: 40
    Hi Guys
    bit like yourselves 2 years ago, if you are interested check this out
    http://www.lanarkshiremtbclub.co.uk/
    :lol:
    You are more than welcome to tie up with us
    rgds
    g:
    gery

last of the tru-temper cro-molys

stumpy fsr comp

www.lanarkshiremtbclub.co.uk
  • BigRedR
    gerdo3 wrote:
    Hi Guys
    bit like yourselves 2 years ago, if you are interested check this out
    http://www.lanarkshiremtbclub.co.uk/
    :lol:
    You are more than welcome to tie up with us
    rgds
    g:

Sounds good - cheers :D
  • tujbx
    Nice One!
    Ill send you a mail in due course! Looked at the forecast and its to be chuckin it down tomorrow, will you still be headin to Carron Valley?
  • BigRedR
    tujbx wrote:
    Nice One!
    Ill send you a mail in due course! Looked at the forecast and its to be chuckin it down tomorrow, will you still be headin to Carron Valley?

Oh - if its pi$$ing with rain then i probably wont bother, as i havent invested in adverse weather clothing yet. What you thinking? Could always go on thurs night as the missus is chucking me out anyway for a girlie night with her mates. :lol:
  • tujbx
    Ah its still summer and tropical so I ride in shorts all weathers anyway! :-D
    Ill text you in the afternoon to confirm that we wont need canoes!