Laggan Wolftrax

miggillicuddy
miggillicuddy Posts: 554
edited August 2007 in Routes
K, there's a possibility I'll be able to get a lift up here some time in the next month.

I'll probably be riding on my own, and never haven't been before.

From everything I've read about the Black route there, it sounds pretty hefty. Is it really as difficult as it sounds. I should be fine on most technical stuff but are there any stupidly big drops or anything I should be wary about. And Is armour a must?

Also, is it the sort of trail I wouldn't want to ride on my own(the black). In case I come off or anything?

Cheers all
=)

xx

Comments

• big_tex_uk
    big_tex_uk Posts: 183
    I rode this alone about six months ago and did the black route. The start is a boring drag up about 4km (No uplift as out of season) of fireroad but then it gets more interesting. I only had one fall which was on The surgeons slab. I would advise you have agood look at some of the obstacles to get the right line as you are well away from everything up there if you have a fall and you are on your own. I really enjoyed it and found it quite challenging, nothing to serious as long as you keep your bottle though.

I wore my armour (full upper body and knees) and was glad i did as if you were to come off in some places it might smart.

I was a bit dissapointed with the fun park and wished i had tried the red route too.

Have fun.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Cool. Looks like some light armour could do the trick. Need to fix my brake before I attempt it though. :x

Cheers.
  • BigRedR
    BigRedR Posts: 51
    Im planning to there in a couple of weeks.