Cannock Chase this week...?

RealNinja
RealNinja Posts: 48
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
I know it's a long shot, but is there anybody about this week (can't do the weekend) that would like to show me how to get round the 'Follow the Dog' properly?

I have done it this week a few times, but unless I get to follow someone that actually knows what they are doing I won't get any better! :oops: :lol:

On a slightly related note.....

Whereabouts is everybody in the area? Does anybody know of any local Stafford(shire) MTB XC clubs could tag along with?

Oh... and as a new member.....HELLO EVERYBODY!! :D
It was one of those 'I'm going to die' moments!

Comments

• tagmnbagm
    tagmnbagm Posts: 111
    Hi,

A couple of us are going to Cannock on Thursday afternoon, 'bout 3ish. We do the dog regular, not sure how well we do, but normally get round in about 48 mins or so taking it steady....
    Your more than welcome to join us if you can make it. :)
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.
  • Cool, sounds good!

Assuming the weather is o.k I will be there!

I'm driving a old J reg Golf and riding a Spesh Rockhopper in bright red!

I don't know whether I can do the dog in 48 minutes (I haven't checked to be honest, but I am not sure that I am that fit yet!! :oops: :lol: )

I might escape from the kids today and see what sort of time I can get (without stopping :oops: ) so I know where I stand.

Be prepared to keep having to wait for me!! :wink:
  • tagmnbagm
    Hi,

Its about having a good ride, and a chat,... I'll be on a Gunmetal grey Spesh FSR XC, and my mate will be on a Cannondale Rush 5.

Meet you in the car park at 3:30? ok for you. 8)
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.
  • Cool, I'll be there!

I did FTD in about 40ish minutes yesterday including stopping once and faffing about with the hire bike I was loaned by Mammoth :roll: (and one small, unplanned excursion into the heather.... :oops: . :lol: )

It's entirely possible that I may still be on the hire bike,which is a burnt orange Spesh Epic, depending on whether my bike has had it's new forks fitted.

I'll PM you my moby number, just in case :D
  • tagmnbagm
    Hi,

Sounds like your fitter than you thought, good going! :shock:
    Will definately be there Tommorow, rain or shine, At 3:30pm.
    Driving a Black '07 Vectra..

Hope to see you there too... 8)
  • CK
    CK Posts: 88
    Anyone going up there on friday who can show me around the freeride or jumpy type stuff. Im visiting parents this weekend in brum and need an excuse to get away from shopping with the wife.
  • CK wrote:
    Anyone going up there on friday who can show me around the freeride or jumpy type stuff. Im visiting parents this weekend in brum and need an excuse to get away from shopping with the wife.

I'm going over on friday at about 16:00, I'm not great at finding my way round the downhill area though, even after spending 3 hours exploring it Tuesday night, I'll probably have a quick ride round there then just do the FTD
  • what's follow the dog like. got a weekend away next weekend and was going to try to do something at cannock in the morning before heading over to the welsh hills at llangella and possibly coed brenin
  • anyone out this weekend? for anyone who wants showing around ftd, give me a shout any weekend
    Where'd that bloody Deer appear from?

My Bike plus Cannock Chase: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222097@N03/492524919/
  • what's follow the dog like. got a weekend away next weekend and was going to try to do something at cannock in the morning before heading over to the welsh hills at llangella and possibly coed brenin

Follow the Dog is cool.

Not too long (work on about 60 to 90 mins for the first time you go) easy to follow and well thought out. There is only really one long climb and after that every climb is rewarded with some decent rollercoaster/downhill bits.

I am spoilt a bit seeing as it only 10 minutes away from where I live, and is good for one of those 'I need a quick adrenaline fix' moments.

Certainly it is not beyond anybodies ability, I took my 14 year old son down there last week and he was fine with it. Definatly worth a look if you are in the area or are looking for new routes.

While I'm here....

A quick thanks to Tagm and co.for showing me around the dog and that leg strength isn't everything!

I hope all the mud washed out!! :lol:
  • CK
    CK Posts: 88
    My recent trip to cannock was good and i really enjoyed myself. The downhill track although not too steep was fun with a lot of good off shoots and different runs. I especially liked the road gap which after 3 goes still had me craping myself.

Follow the dog was fun if anyone saw a man look for his dad that was me after i lost him. I then managed to crash on the last wooded single track section just in front of the two people i had passed. A whacked knee and hurt pride is what i get for trying to go too fast.

I was down from sunderland visiting my parents in brum and it was well worth the trip and will be there on the next visit.
  • tagmnbagm
    Hi Ninja,

went to Coed Y Brennin on Saturday with Jake and two other lads. Jake took a nasty tumble of a table top, multiple cuts to face arms and legs :cry: Took 7 stitches to sew his lknee :? And what was he worried about :?: Yep, if his bike was ok :!:

Did you get your bike back :?:
  • Glad to hear Jake's bike was O.K! :lol:

Theres a man with his priorities in the right order!

I got my bike back the day after, but haven't had time to play on the FTD with it yet, although I have pencilled in a trip this weekend, assuming nothing else turns up :roll:

My new forks are Rock Shox REBA worlds BTW, seeing as I couldn't remember the other day, so I will now have hours of fun playing with the settings! :lol: