Carbon or alu rims

Spoff
Spoff Posts: 98
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
I was thinking of spending up big time for some nice new wheels for my Orbea - anyone got any strong feelings on a pair of deep rim carbons versus something like a Mavic Ksyrium ES?

Before you ask, I don't intend to ride up mountains any time soon.[/list]

Comments

• Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    If you can afford it, get some Lightweights. You won't regret it - there's nothing you can buy to bring you greater joy! You have to convert to tubs, but it's worth it.

Titelgrafik_Wheel_gross.jpg
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Spoff
    Spoff Posts: 98
    Any suggestions? And don't you have to glue tubs on? Scary.
  • I bought a pair of Reynolds DV46C (clincher). They look the part, even if I don't, and they are light and very well built. I would be scared to death to buy anything that had all carbon spokes and that could not be trued!
  • a couple of questions. Are you going to TT with it? Are you in a windy area? what's your budget.
    Will I be jealous? :lol:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    es are probably best for all round but if your sticking to flat carbons are better. Planet X are reported to be very good and decent price but if you double your money can get mavic cosmic or even better dura ace carbon.