Broken Toe?

impished
impished Posts: 1,092
edited August 2007 in Health, fitness & training
Hi,
Anyone ever broken a big toe while riding? :shock:
I hit my right foot against small tree stumps, at speed :wink: , on the last 2 rides and now I have a fair bit of pain when bending it or putting weight on it :cry:

Sound like a break? Don't wanna have to sit in a Dr's for hours then wait hours for x-ray unless I really have to. :roll: :wink:

Comments

• dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    You might have just stubbed it. I hurt mine playing footy (kicked the bottom of my mates foot) so it'll have been similar impact, and the doc told me it was just bruised. However the swelling and pain didnt go for about 6 months, he assured me thats just cos bruised toes take longer to heal than most places due to the fact that you're always using it. Having said that, I don't have much faith in my GP, he's rubbish, so it may well have been broken in 2058 places for all I know!
  • i broke three of my toes whilst riding and i certainly new about it. they went purple and hurt like hell. couldn't actually put any weight on it at all.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    6 months!!!!! :shock:
    I think I'll go find another tree stump and do it properly!!! :?
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    We don't tend to bother x-raying toes unless they are dislocated as the treatment for stubbed and broken toes is exactly the same. Strap it to the one next to it with a bit of padding in-between, gives it a bit of a rest...
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    Yeah makes sense. It was actually three months after hurting it that I went to the docs cos the swelling and pain hadnt gone down and there was a nice lump on the top of it. And all the GP did was poke it once and say "just bruised". Cheers doc. Think for my next ailment i'll go to the local "alternative remedy" shop in town and get a pig's eyeball or a crocodile's penis for my illness instead!