2»

Comments

• MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    take the bike on the train ?
  • bossman13
    bossman13 Posts: 106
    Hi all,

been off the bike for about 18mths now but thought worthy of bumping this thread for two reasons!!

one is to say that i am getting back in the saddle and will again start the daily grind over the bridge from my abode in dalgety bay to edinburgh. if anyone else out there following a similar route then be good to hear from you. i could do with some company as one of the reasons i gave up before was boredom of going out on my own each time (and no-one to wheel suck!!)

second reason was that looking for some advice again...

previously my commute took me over the bridge as far as the airport/gyle area. now however I will be heading all the way into town (st andrew square) and so I was looking for some advice on best route to get from barnton area to the centre of town. i think there is a cycle route but on the map it looks like it folllows mostly residential roads and not sure if it is a designated cycle path? would be looking for the quietest route possible in terms of traffic etc if poss, although not if this is going to add extra 10/15 mins to commute time as will be pushed for time!!

any help much appreciated.
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Hi there welcome back to the commute :) I still ride to the gyle however I know others who cycle into town. My advice after hearing about an accident on queensferry road would be to head along the prom from Barnton,Silverknowes etc. Its quite a decent route in, you head onto it via the back of Crammond Brig. What does googles street view show of the cycle route you already have? What time do you intend to travel in? I occasionally meet up with a fellow Bay rider and he goes in the way you intend to travel?