Was Anybody Here At Dalby Forest Red Route today?

L60N
L60N Posts: 223
edited September 2007 in Routes
I went for the first time with four friends. All I can say is WOW :shock: The weather was so perfect. What a scorcher. On the sandy bits (grrrr I didnt appreciate that on the uphill) I could have been forgiven for thinking I was in the south of France!!

We did about 15 Miles and it was a Buzz all the way, with a few hairy moments thrown in. At one point we took the black route down what was basically a V ditch with lots of loose rock and all the trees over hung so you could hardly see where you were going, I was basically steering right in the middle of the windy V ditch, at 70 degree, and breakneck speed It was sooo AMAZING. My heart was in my mouth all the way!!

Anybody else out there today?

Can you recognize these chaps??

05082007028er6.th.jpg

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Wasn't there today, but was on Friday, Dalby is one of the best trail centres in the UK, I've been going there for 4 years and the new stuff is superb.

I don't recognize any of the riders, but I do know exactly where the photo was taken, that part of the trails is quality!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • 4NGU5
    4NGU5 Posts: 9
    this is a bit of topic but mate your bike is sexy :o :shock:
  • L60N
    LoL Angus :lol:

*EDIT* Sorry, I thought you were somebody else taking the wee wee. I have a friend called Angus too, he's in the picture. :)
  • 4NGU5
    4NGU5 Posts: 9
    lol nah its just my middle name :D

i do like it tho very much
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    I was there on sunday - how hot!
    I was glad it was hot in a way as it meant that some of the sticky bits were easier than last week. I love that place and am really glad i got a season pass!
  • L60N
    Thanks Angus, it rode well at Dalby, the trail just loosened it up a bit :D

Im definatley gonna buy a season pass, its tuesday now and im still buzzing from it!!

Leon
  • HJ1976
    L60N wrote:
    Thanks Angus, it rode well at Dalby, the trail just loosened it up a bit :D

Im definatley gonna buy a season pass, its tuesday now and im still buzzing from it!!

Leon

OK 1 days entry £7,

1 Seasons £35, so buy 5 get the rest of the year FREE! :D
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Yup, I'm getting in 'free' now, been at least 6 times this year :D

If you sign up to SingletrAction & do a couple of dig days there you also get a free season pass!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    im going tomorrow :D hope its a hot 'un
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • HJ1976
    weather forcast... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3963 swiped from Purple Mountains website!
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    that'll do 8)
  • neil_uk
    neil_uk Posts: 289
    Just been to Dalby today for the first time..... It was great!

Being not very fit and a bit crap, it took me all afternoon, but I'll certainly be going again soon!

pbpic1448221.jpg.xs.jpg
  • L60N
    Anybody heading up this sunday - 19/08/07?

Me and four friends will be pounding the red route from 9am :P :P
  • neil_uk
    Me and a mate might be going..... I'll be the guy puffing and panting lying in a ditch!
  • ibbowmb
    ibbowmb Posts: 13
    Andy_B wrote:
    Wasn't there today, but was on Friday, Dalby is one of the best trail centres in the UK, I've been going there for 4 years and the new stuff is superb.

I don't recognize any of the riders, but I do know exactly where the photo was taken, that part of the trails is quality!
    we went there earlier this year and i/we weren't inspired at all,in fact we thought it was a little "samey" and to be frank boring.Having said that it was a very wet day and one section was an unridable mudbath,so it could be better in the dry.It has a long way to go to be on par with the Welsh/Scottish Trails,but i've read that the new sections are now open,so i'll pay another visit before i pass a final judgement!
    Its grim up north(snigger)
  • neil_uk
    I can't wait to go again - either Sunday or Monday depending on weather and my workload.
  • im going to dalby forest tomorrow is anyone else?
  • neil_uk
    I was going to but..... gotta work :(

Out of curiosity - has anyone tried the blue?
  • gutted! i might have a new bike by tomorrow aswell only maybe :P
    and no i havent-bit erm easy isnt it?
  • neil_uk
    edited September 2007
    It's just that our lass is wingeing that I never take her cycling anywhere nice - she's not into technical riding... more of an "enjoying the scenery" type. So I wondered what the blue is like.

She's ok with hills though..... better than me anyway.... but I am quite lazy lol

so, what you spending on?
  • oh it might be alright then lol dont want any grazed knees eh
    well any of the following: scott scale 50, orange evo 8, giant xtc
    it all depends on money and stuff
    why cant everything be free :(
  • neil_uk
    I've got a 2005 xtc 3 and love it to bits. http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1443274/

The only downside is that it has a very rigid and unforgiving a*se-end, so you find you have to stand a lot - but the way it puts down the power and whips through singletrack - more than makes up for it!

I'm all for free bikes to!!!!
  • we'll campaign for them :lol:
    yeah they look rather good
    there's one on ebay for £350 and been rode 3 times or so since being bought for £1000
  • neil_uk
    Worth keeping an eye on that one mate
  • definatly only one day to go aswell so hopefully ill get a bargain :)
  • neil_uk
    well - good luck!