Recommendations for oranised cycle holiday

fishdisco
fishdisco Posts: 56
edited August 2007 in Tour & expedition
Hi, I am a beginner to cycling and would like to do a week or 2 week cycling holiday in Scandinavia (preferably Sweden). Can anyone recommend any companies or tour guides? How does the whole thing work - i.e. do you hire the bike there, and what about accomodation etc? Many thanks

Comments

• Have a look at this, could be what you are after

http://www.cyclingsweden.se/engelsk.htm
    The beer always wins
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    I dont think they do Sweden (thet do Finland& Poland)but Explore do cvcling holidays but they can be a bit pricy..and then towards over 40s age range.Lots of teachera on my last trip to Poland..Very well led stopping nearly every 30 minutes for one reason or another,,but you are tied to a group of 12 to 16 poeople for the duration if you dont mind that .Consider Land only option and arrange youir own flkifght to save money
    jc
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    Ive never used them but on a recent tour in Donegal, another cyclist reccomended exodus or something like that for trips further afield.
    On my tour of Donegal, the company supplied bikes and accomodation (B&B) we had to pay for our own food but the giude generally organised things. The guide never cycled he was in a support van and carried the luggage, etc