Lakes - Derwentwater / Borrowdale bash

dibbler
dibbler Posts: 508
edited August 2007 in Routes
Anyone know where I can get hold of a route map of this ride.. or does anyone know how good it is as a ride?

Comments

• Lake District Mountain Biking-Vertebrate Graphics is VG. Also MBR published this route in '05/'06-try googling Lakes MTBing. :arrow: :idea:
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • terra
    terra Posts: 32
    It's a cracking route, call in at Keswick Mountain Bikes for directions/info, we did pics on here:
    http://www.terratrailblazers.co.uk/terra_trailblazers020.htm
  • chemdog
    chemdog Posts: 31
    I'll second that, its probably one of my very favourite routes in the Lakes. Two awesome descents (3 with the extended threkeld loop through latrigg), definately worth riding.

Iain
  • DSA244
    DSA244 Posts: 66
    This is a route I keep meaning to do, I will be doing this in a couple of weeks. I have a map etc, but was wondering if the route itself is easy to navigate??

Thanks
  • chemdog
    chemdog Posts: 31
    DSA244 wrote:
    This is a route I keep meaning to do, I will be doing this in a couple of weeks. I have a map etc, but was wondering if the route itself is easy to navigate??

Thanks

its easy enough as its circumnavigating derwent water throughout, theres a few different choices to Rosthwaite but either way you'll get back to the road then honister pass and cut back straight across which again is simple enough. I think you'll know the direction your heading in and the rest is just choice rather than ways to get lost. All the tracks are well defined as well.

Post across at ridethelakes.co.uk or here and I might join you, its a cracking ride and definately one of my favourites :twisted:

Iain
  • dibbler
    dibbler Posts: 508
    Thanks - will probably get the directions from keswick MTB's. Looks like a good route,