RIDE THE ROUTE Worcester- Wolverhampton Sportive 26th August

mud diver
mud diver Posts: 2
Entries now being taken for this major sportive event on 26th August, following the route of Stage 3 of this year's Tour of Britain

Full details at: www.ridetheroute.net

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Entry fee is a bit steep isn't it ?

Still, tempted though. Only thing putting me off is cramming the training into three weeks.
  • mozandmarr
    mozandmarr Posts: 140
    I'm going to have a crack at it. Was looking for a sportive to try and this is too good an opportunity to miss. Love the idea of finishing on the track at Aldersley as well.

Was going to head down to Bewdley then follow the course to Bridgnorth or even Ironbiridge then back to Wolves on Sunday morning as training. Should be about 50miles. If I do that the next three sundays with some 20s in between it should suffice to get me to the finish.
    vivent les baroudeurs
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    Ste_S wrote:
    Entry fee is a bit steep isn't it ?

At 27 quid, it's steeper than most of the bloody climbs !
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • mozandmarr
    mozandmarr Posts: 140
    Not sure what the form is with other sportives but would the price be down to hiring Aldersley stadium for the afternoon?
    vivent les baroudeurs
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    mozandmarr wrote:
    Not sure what the form is with other sportives but would the price be down to hiring Aldersley stadium for the afternoon?

Hire it ? ? You could buy it for that sort of money !
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    I have entered - looks a good route and I like the idea of finishing on a velodrome. Wonder how far from the finish line I will be able sprint from after 100 miles!!

I rode the British Cycloportive so it wil be interesting to see how the two events compare?

Rich
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    mozandmarr wrote:

It's normally £2.50 a go when I go down, so possibly not :wink:
  • Wildoo
    Wildoo Posts: 11
    Rich.H wrote:
    I have entered - looks a good route and I like the idea of finishing on a velodrome. Wonder how far from the finish line I will be able sprint from after 100 miles!!

I rode the British Cycloportive so it wil be interesting to see how the two events compare?

Rich

Did you manage to get the online entry to work?? anyone lse struggling with an empty shopping basket?
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Wildoo wrote:

Did you manage to get the online entry to work?? anyone lse struggling with an empty shopping basket?

Its to do with your internet security settings - I followed the advice given by the website when told that my shopping basket was empty...

Rich
  • Wildoo
    Wildoo Posts: 11
    Rich.H wrote:
    Wildoo wrote:

Its to do with your internet security settings - I followed the advice given by the website when told that my shopping basket was empty...

Rich

I followed those instructions and still nothing! Used mozilla instead!