Postcode Engraving

PrettyBoyTim
PrettyBoyTim Posts: 163
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
The LBS I recently bought my bike at has this thing where you can take your bike in on Wednesday evenings and get your house number and postcode engraved on the underside of your bottom bracket, the idea being that if it gets stolen you'll have some proof it's yours when you find it being flogged for £50 at Brick Lane market. The fellow that does it is apparently connected to the police in some way - he's not an employee of the LBS.

So I went in last night to have it done, and while I was there I bought a couple of spare inner tubes and some tyre levers. Big mistake. I should have watched the guy engraving like a hawk, because he only went and got my postcode wrong! I don't know how he did it - he had a piece of paper with the postcode clearly written on it, but he must have been tired or something because he got the last letter wrong.

He was very embarrassed about it, and crossed out the incorrect letter and put in the right one underneath, but it does somewhat reduce the utility of having your postcode put on there in the first place!

Grrrr!

Comments

• Look on the bright side - You now have a totally unique identity marker :wink:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    You're lucky ,I had a tattoo done when I was in the Navy and the guy got the words in the wrong order, still there after 40 years. :(:(

george