archergp-sportive Chiltern's Sportive Sunday 5th August

simbil1
simbil1 Posts: 620
Is anyone doing this one?
I don't know whether to do the conservative 50 miles or the hard looking 108 miles...

Comments

• timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    Think I will give the 108 miles a go. The Chiltern's are a great place to ride but it will be hot and hard on Sunday. :wink:
    fitness is for life
  • simbil1
    Have you ridden the course before? I'm probably going for the 108 too as my mates who were going to do the 50 have whimped out. I wonder how it compares to something like the Southern Challenge that I did a couple of years ago?
    They've got a broom wagon, so I guess I won't be stranded at least :)
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    Well which route did you ride ? I found it to be a well organized event, a bit hot :oops: and a bit hilly (just what we like). I ride the chilltern hills a lot so some of the route was familiar to me but still hard. My time was 6h 39min which I am happy with. A big Thanks to all the organizers. :wink:
    fitness is for life
  • simbil1
    I did the 100, definitely the toughest 100 I've ever done. I got lost towards the end after the last food stop and ended up doing 100 miles but not en route. Finished in around 7 hours.
    Must do better preparation next year and see if I can manage silver standard.
    Very freindly and well organised - 10/10 to the organisers.