Comfort Breaks!!!!

pillliwinx
pillliwinx Posts: 4
edited August 2008 in Women
My wife and I have recently started going on longer runs on our bikes.

Unfortunately, one of the major stumbling blocks is the subject of "comfort breaks"

Obviously this is not a problem for me, but it is causing major concerns to her.

Therefore she is not taking on fluid during the rides and struggles as a result.

Can we ask for helpful hints / tips from other women riders please?

Thanks

Comments

• lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    I thought I would have the same problem but find I can drink before ride and 2ltrs on route without the need for a pee. I think it has something to do with all the fluid I am losing and not thinking about needing to go.

I always ride places where I can go before I leave and when I get back.
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • epicEm
    epicEm Posts: 45
    Probably not helpful at all, but after many years of mountain biking, I have had to master the art of peeing trailside (well maybe a short walk into the woods). As far as I am aware, there's no other way - although I am prepared to be enlightened!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Just don't sit on any nettles.
  • epicEm
    Yes, chose the place carefully.
    I sometimes sit on a rock, but have fallen foul of that on one occasion.

"At the beginning of the ride I decided to stop for a pee and waited for everyone to depart around the corner, then I took my place on the rock, nature took its course and I hurried off to catch up with the others.
    I was on a borrowed bike and during the ride I was feeling a little uncomfortable.
    At the end of the ride, we were packing the bikes away and I reached into the back of my shorts and pulled out a large flat stone :roll: - must have got stuck there earlier on..."

So people (well ladies) beware!! :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Its not that easy for men either out in the open! A few times been caught out by a sudden gust of wind and watered my shoes!
  • epicEm
    I wasn't going to mention peeing on shoes!!
  • Rockhopper
    Rockhopper Posts: 503
    Or in very cold weather when it freezes before it hits the ground. Or even before that in some cases!
  • Maddie
    Maddie Posts: 30
    It's got to be done!

This is always worth a try.... - I got one for Christmas :shock:

I think I've had too many camping/climbing/etc trips to care any more :oops:
  • Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    nice idea, but grim.

please don't tell me you cycle along with it sticking out your jersey pocket? eeeewwwww!
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • Maddie
    Maddie Posts: 30
    No, I've never used it in all honesty, I always worry what could happen if it didn't work properly... um. Then you would get wet feet.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    wouldnt it look a bit strange if you saw a woman standing up to have a pee at the side of a road? it might not even be a real woman :roll: :?
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    owen_MTB wrote:
    wouldnt it look a bit strange if you saw a woman standing up to have a pee at the side of a road? it might not even be a real woman :roll: :?

ah, so you've cycled in brighton then, eh?
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    no, if it involves men/women peing by the road then ill pass
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • BMCCbry
    BMCCbry Posts: 153
    What about a pair of these for easy access?!

http://www.shecycles.com/news/article/m ... 75/v/1/sp/
  • why does it cause her so much concern???

to be honest i'd be more concerned about getting dehydrated from not drinking than having an al fresco pee. just go behind a bush; wheres the problem?
  • I've been baring my bottom and widdling outside since I stopped widdling in a nappy. Find a bush and get on with it.

I tried the 'sheewee' at the world champs in Fort William. They take practise, which unfortunately I hadn't had....

1362498058_a26f42a693.jpg
  • LMAO @ jo ........

Do you remember back in the 80's you used to get a little bottle holder (or a dual holder if you were posh) attached to your handlebars with a bottle in that you used to drink through a straw thingy ? well i can now imagine the ladies riding along with one of those "SheWee" things on their :wink: or for those really serious lady cyclist maybe they could attach it on the back like a saddle bag to save stopping lol

Now Seriously !

Here's the Answer to your problems

NervousCyclistClub223.jpg

Simon
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    supersonic wrote:
    Just don't sit on any nettles.

Or a fire ants nest! That caused many laughs for the blokes I was riding with a few years ago, my butt wasn't laughing! :shock:
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    My wife's answer was passed on by Josie Dew (for the Non tourists among you http://www.josiedew.co.uk

Cape01.jpg

She swears by the old fashioned Cycle Cape - a simple, modesty saving portable loo tent.
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • jojojojo wrote:
    I've been baring my bottom and widdling outside since I stopped widdling in a nappy. Find a bush and get on with it.

I tried the 'sheewee' at the world champs in Fort William. They take practise, which unfortunately I hadn't had....

That's one heck of a first post! :shock: :D
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    jojojojo wrote:
    I've been baring my bottom and widdling outside since I stopped widdling in a nappy. Find a bush and get on with it.

That's one heck of a first post! :shock: :D

I'd say it's one heck of a piss actually!
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Hahahaha. Awesome.
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Ok, thought I'd wade into unchartered waters here and what do I find? A Shewee!! :P
    As per the photo how are they meant to work if your pants dont have a zipper....?
    And then your meant to Pop it back in your pocket afterwards!
    I just hope the inventers dont to try to solve the problem of doing a standing No.2
    What would they call it " The Poopchute", Ok I'm going............. :oops:
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play