Bike Hire in Menorca

scoops196412
scoops196412 Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in Tour & expedition
Hi there, I am taking a weeks holiday in Menorca and want to get out on a bike. Having been there before, the roads are pretty good and I can find my way around with no problems. Big question!! Should I fight with the airline and take my own road bike, or hire one when there????

Can anyone offer help and advice? Has anyone taken there big there via Monarch? Who would you advice to use for bike hire when there?

Thank you

Comments

• KeithG
    KeithG Posts: 1,010
    Just got back from there, you can hire road bikes here in Mao http://www.bikemenorca.com/alquiler.htm
    if you're staying in Cala Sta Galdana the Hotel Audax (honestly) has some Spesh Rockhoppers for hire too.
    I recommend the ride up El Toro for a must-do road route but it was pretty hot when we were there and the winds were very strong most of the time. It's a small island however and you can zip around most of it in a week or less.
    have a nice time
  • thanks for the reply and info about the bike hire. What sort of bike did you end up hiring? I assume take pedals and they can swap them.....? I want to do a lot of riding and trying to work out whether it's worth taking mine (possibly paying the excess baggage) or renting. :roll:
  • forgot to ask, what was the rental charges? Please.
  • KeithG
    KeithG Posts: 1,010
    I just used the MTB mentioned above on the road as we were quite a distance from Mao (given that it's a small island!) and did a couple of day rides. Cost was 15 Euro per day and they came with platform pedals and no water bottle mount, yikes its hot out there.
    So take a water bottle too as well as the pedals and shoes and a spare tube/repair/mini-pump kit, they don't usually supply these.
    Enjoy!