New Ultegra SPD - SL's

Eat My Dust
Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
edited July 2007 in Workshop
I've just stuck a set ofthese on my bike, and they look lurvley, very shiney!!!! Went for a quick test ride and they seem a lot easier to clip into that my old bottom of the range SL's!! :D

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Aha - good to hear your review.

I have a pair of the old style base models (540's are they?) which have seen better days and have been eyeing up those new shiny design.

are they much better then?

they seem to only be bringing the ultegra and DA versions out in the new style and it's quite a price hike over the old 540s / 105 spec pedals - I can get a new set of 540's for £21 where the ultegra new designs are around the £70 mark aren't they?

so are they worth the extra?
  • I got my SPD-SL 6620's from wiggle, they were £50 at the time but at the moment they are £62.99.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I've not really had a decent ride on them yet, but first impressions are good. I only paid £56 for them from Wiggle! They seem to be balance better when you are unclipped, so it's easier to clip back in again.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    I bought a pair when they very first came into stock (I ordered the old style which were oos, waited for months and finally got the new ones the day they came in). I have since upgraded my other two bikes to these pedals as I love them dearly. I paid fifties for all three pairs of mine I believe from Wiggle.
    ________
    Asianonstopcum
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol