Evans whinning

2»

Comments

• babyjebus wrote:
    'whinning' is the perfect word to describe the Aussie attitude to sports, successful yet joyless. I'll be using that spelling mistake again in the future.

yup, look at Casey Moaner (Stoner) in Moto GP - whinge the rain, whinge the tracks, whinge this, whinge that - Aussies were born to whinge, and they have the audacity to call others, like us Brits whingers !!!
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    Just to be clear about this, I'm only lambasting you, not casting aspertions on the entire population of England, Wales and Scotland, but that last post sure sounded like you were being a whining whinging F U C K E R.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:

Nor do I, but sometimes there are events that do not fit with the performance of "normal" humans within the context of the rest of the peleton. Ultimately I also don't give a damn what other cyclist shove down their throats, more the effects that their actions have upon what treatment and (lack of) respect I get on the road, as I prefer to ride/race myself than watch someone else do it. Having some tit in a van yelling druggie w*nker at you as he passes 5 microns from your right elbow isnt funny. Now that does keep me awake at night.

But calling you a druggie w*nker is just a handy curse. If it wasn't that, you'd be a lycra clad poof or lycra nazi. WVM's lack of respect for you has nothing to do with a pro cyclist taking PED's.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • K Blackwell
    K Blackwell Posts: 1,539
    andyp wrote:
    skut wrote:
    Or is it just that you're bitter cos you picked Sastre for PTP and he only managed 4th again despite half the competition being kicked out :wink::D
    Smirk. I actually picked him because a) I thought he was clean and b) I thought the route, especially the last week, suited him.

Did anyone pick either Rasmussen or Contador for the overall?
    I picked Contador. I don't gamble, but family and friends won about £5,000 overall, mostly at 25 to 1 or better.

Why did I pick him? Because I was impressed with the way he rode in Paris - Nice on the last stage by constantly attacking Rebellin and winning the overall. Makes a change from the usual defensive tactics.

And no, I'm not entering into the usual go nowhere arguments as to who is clean (we don't know until they get nabbed).
  • Timoid. wrote:
    I'd whine my ass off if some monobrow midget junkie beat me to the highest honour in my chosen career too.

IF I was clean

I suppose the fact that you are not fully condemning him is at least enough to make me believe he may be clean Timoid, as you always speak your mind, and, imo, the truth. I know the aussies have a track record when it comes to doping in cycling, but no more so than any other nation. Also he just churned his way up the hills like a normal bloke (like me but about three times faster), and he's out of the saddle a lot which must hurt like hell.
    His career progression has been steady too.
    Dan
  • Also, coronation street is supposed to be entertaining. Sport is supposed to be honest. And I, being the loser i am, do have my evenings spoiled when a fantastic tour is tainted.
    Dan
  • iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Nor do I, but sometimes there are events that do not fit with the performance of "normal" humans within the context of the rest of the peleton. Ultimately I also don't give a damn what other cyclist shove down their throats, more the effects that their actions have upon what treatment and (lack of) respect I get on the road, as I prefer to ride/race myself than watch someone else do it. Having some tit in a van yelling druggie w*nker at you as he passes 5 microns from your right elbow isnt funny. Now that does keep me awake at night.

But calling you a druggie w*nker is just a handy curse. If it wasn't that, you'd be a lycra clad poof or lycra nazi. WVM's lack of respect for you has nothing to do with a pro cyclist taking PED's.

yes I realise that, the point being that had the tour with its London start fired a general enthusiasm or feel good about cycling, maybe more people would take it up, and more people warm to the idea of cyclists using the roads. So, when the tour is rubbished, it becomes unfashionable, and cycling becaomes something that families and their kids don't want to do, which means "lycra clad nazis" or whatever insult is used, its largely irrelevant, remain ostracized as road users. There is a cause and effect, however subtle and slow acting it may be between the actions of the tour riders, the comments in the press, and the public attitude towards those people participating.
  • The thing is for me,you cant catch people for blood doping unless they make a mistake.As vino did.The riders dont believe they are doping as its what there used to since amateur days in all probability.
    I can't understand how a rider can win 1 stage then lose 28 minutes next day,then win the next days harder stage?? If he had an oil change for the time trial surely he should still feel ok next day. :roll:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The thing is for me,you cant catch people for blood doping unless they make a mistake.As vino did.The riders dont believe they are doping as its what there used to since amateur days in all probability.
    I can't understand how a rider can win 1 stage then lose 28 minutes next day,then win the next days harder stage?? If he had an oil change for the time trial surely he should still feel ok next day. :roll:

But can you not can catch riders who blood dope? What about giving them a haematocrit test on the start line, not six hours before the race. Anyone emerging from the privacy of their team bus minutes before the start could be tested as they enter the rider village. This way, anyone starting with a high count can be stopped, warned or just monitored...

Second, if you're out of contention on GC, if you'd thrashed yourself to win a TT, it could be possible that the next day your legs are tired. So when the pace goes up, you can't match it. And instead of flogging yourself to finish 15th on the stage, you might as well ease right up and spin home within the time delay, this way you're fresher for the next day than anyone else. See the day before the Cognac TT in the Tour and this is exactly what Cancellara and Millar did and so maybe Vino decided to do the same?
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Kléber wrote:
    The thing is for me,you cant catch people for blood doping unless they make a mistake.As vino did.The riders dont believe they are doping as its what there used to since amateur days in all probability.

But can you not can catch riders who blood dope? What about giving them a haematocrit test on the start line, not six hours before the race. Anyone emerging from the privacy of their team bus minutes before the start could be tested as they enter the rider village. This way, anyone starting with a high count can be stopped, warned or just monitored...

Second, if you're out of contention on GC, if you'd thrashed yourself to win a TT, it could be possible that the next day your legs are tired. So when the pace goes up, you can't match it. And instead of flogging yourself to finish 15th on the stage, you might as well ease right up and spin home within the time delay, this way you're fresher for the next day than anyone else. See the day before the Cognac TT in the Tour and this is exactly what Cancellara and Millar did and so maybe Vino decided to do the same?
    Good ideas,I like them & I vote you as president of the UCI!
    so many cols,so little time!
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    afx237vi wrote:

I simply don't get that emotionally involved. I don't condone cheating, but nor do I view every cyclist that wins a race as a potential cheat. I watch cycling because I enjoy it. If Vino fails a dope test, it doesn't really affect my life does it? It's not my problem, and I'll still tune in the next day.

I don't really spend my evenings worrying about whether the winner of [whatever race] is a cheat or not.

What an extraordinary idea!

White van drivers deciding how they treat cyclists in city streets based on news reports about professional cyclists taking performance-enhacing drugs?

What planet are you on?

Maybe they shout drug-related abuse at you, but that doesn't affect how they drive, surely?

Do joggers experience a heightened sense of danger when Olympic athletes test positive for drugs?

You need more sleep.
  • terongi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I simply don't get that emotionally involved. I don't condone cheating, but nor do I view every cyclist that wins a race as a potential cheat. I watch cycling because I enjoy it. If Vino fails a dope test, it doesn't really affect my life does it? It's not my problem, and I'll still tune in the next day.

I don't really spend my evenings worrying about whether the winner of [whatever race] is a cheat or not.

What an extraordinary idea!

White van drivers deciding how they treat cyclists in city streets based on news reports about professional cyclists taking performance-enhacing drugs?

What planet are you on?

Maybe they shout drug-related abuse at you, but that doesn't affect how they drive, surely?

Do joggers experience a heightened sense of danger when Olympic athletes test positive for drugs?

You need more sleep.

Eh? I don't think you understood any of it did you - why not read the entire thread before replying. And this aint soapbax so leave out the insults ok?
  • The Dr
    The Dr Posts: 21
    Hmmm interesting topic here..........you're having a whine about Mr Evans having a whine? Think about it people! And whilst I'm at it....of those offering a critique of Cadel's race, how many of you have ridden as a pro? Not many if any at all! Give the guy a break and enjoy the race for what it is, rather than pi*&ing and moaning about who's taken this and who's taken that
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    Dear SteveR_100Milers,

My post was meant tongue in cheek as i thought yours was. I didn't really believe that you would lie awake at night worrying about white van drivers thinking you were taking performance enhancing drugs.

Clearly I did miunderstand and I apologise for any offence caused. None was intended.
  • terongi wrote:
    Dear SteveR_100Milers,

My post was meant tongue in cheek as i thought yours was. I didn't really believe that you would lie awake at night worrying about white van drivers thinking you were taking performance enhancing drugs.

Clearly I did miunderstand and I apologise for any offence caused. None was intended.

You're right I need to chill! I guess if you poke around a wasps nest you should expect to get flamed, so I deserved it! No offence taken, and normal humour is restored.