Rattling Vanillas

alfaorange
alfaorange Posts: 32
edited August 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
My Fox Vanilla RLCs have developed a rattle, I've had them for about 18months, guess there overdue a service (I get out on the bike roughly once a week.

Just hope I'm not in for a huge bill....Any thoughts guys?

gonna ring TFTunedShox in the morning.....
Don\'t crash.. then go faster!

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    What kind of rattle?

My Floats have developed a knock which I have diagnosed as the bushings wearing out. Yours could be the same. You probably wont need more than a bushing resize which is included in the £70 bill. However, if they are propper screwed then it will be an extra bit to replace them (about £30 I think).
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Apparently it is common for the springs to rattle on Fox forks, however they never used to rattle.

Dave at TF Shox phoned to explain this and suggestted that he can put more shrinkwrap/packing around the springs so to stop the rattle. Sounds abit of a bodge to me but thats what the 'experts' recommend.

Forks are now back and on the bike running a dream..plusher than ever.

Highly recommend the guys at TF Shocks, they were very forthcoming with advice & discussed my concerns, without just trying to rip the customer off!
    Don\'t crash.. then go faster!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most fork springs have a wrap around them from the factory stop them rubbing on the insides of the stanchions