Member options

magliaceleste
magliaceleste Posts: 748
Firstly, good work on the site. I think this site is the best looking bike related site on the internet at the moment.

The only things I have found missing so far are options for members (think control panel). For example there are no options to:

1. Hide or unhide your email address (I think that's fairly critical - had I know it was available to all, I'd have used a temporary address!)
2. Retrieve your user name and or password if you've forgotten them
3. Subscribe or unsubscribe from newletters, mailings etc using a control panel

I'd also like the ability to be able to edit my posts, it works OK on other forums like MTBR, although opinions are often mixed on this subject.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    go to the front page of the forum and topish left there is your profile button.

you can turn your mail addy off.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks nicklouse!

Only 2 + 3 then.
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Thanks nicklouse!

Only 2 + 3 then.

Number 2 might be available on Login (not sure if it's the one right at the very top r/h corner or the one at the r/h top of the forum bit ).
    Number 3 is available as an option in your Profile (but I don't see an option to refuse mailings "from our partners" etc) . Hope I'm right with that :?
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • It's getting better. You can edit your posts now.

Good work people!
  • number 2 is/was available when I logged with an invalid name. Type any letter and press enter.