Spech Roubaix. Any coments

brap talk
brap talk Posts: 6
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Thinking of getting Spech Roubaix Elite. Any coments and opinions welcome. :!:

Comments

• grimmison
    grimmison Posts: 62
    I've got the 2006 Comp and put about 3k miles on it in the last 12 months. Can't really fault it. It's not a pure bred racing machine but its very comfortable over long distances - it's much easier on my back.
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    Got Expert in Jan 2006. Done several thousand (at a guess 6) miles on it including 5 week tour of france carrying luggage in seat post saddle bag, in which time also had a couple of bad crashes.

Nothing to fault the bike with, does what it says on the lid, comfortable and plenty fast enough.

Mods/changes:
    > Bought it with a triple rather than compact as I prefer.
    > Bottom bracket Mega Exo bearings corroded, due to fact that first week of tour of france was in torrential rain and never had a chance to service.
    > Rear wheel developed some cracks, due I think to me overloading with my weight plus luggage.
    > Replaced bars with ITM Sword because I tried and liked. I find they feel just as comfortable and make the handling on descents a lot better
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I've got the Comp (12 months old) and am very happy with it. It is fast, and gives a good ride. The only thing I didn't like was the wheels and tyres (which seemed to puncture easily). I replaced both.

A friend bought the Elite last year, and I know he is very happy with it. He also had puncture problems.
  • brap talk
    brap talk Posts: 6
    Thanks for your coments, It`s all sounding good what i have read so far,I like the comfortable, easy on the back remark, just what I was wanting to hear.
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    I got a Spech Roubaix Elite 2007 in February, I cant really compare it to any other bike but for each component its good for the money and its a Spesh. Its comfy light and fast the handle bar gel system is nice on the hands after a long ride as well.

I go with the other poster and say I don't rate the tyres I had a big chuck come out mine hitting 45mph on a bend! since then I have put on some new tyres as they were badly needed.

I have replaced the 105 shifter with Dura-Ace (I broke a lever my fault) and the brake and gear cables have been replaced as the were corroded, wheel bearings have been giving me a bit of trouble but I have covered over 3500 miles since new come rain or shine.
  • keebo
    keebo Posts: 44
    I have a 06 Roubaix Comp and I love it. All-day comfort but still climbs well. It replaced my Felt F65 which is a great bike but I feel the Roubaix suits me better
    Keebo,
    Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Same question posted here with a good range of answers: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12545315

I think that it is the dog's nuts. Have an '06 pro frame that I built up with bit of my choice. Wouldn't change it for the world.