Road Bike Shoes?

Snakegirl
Snakegirl Posts: 34
edited July 2007 in Women
Got my new bike yesterday - a Specialized Dolce Elite. Definitely worth waiting for :D

However, at the moment she has pedals with clips on - and I don't like them. My other bike just has flat pedals, so I'm going to go clipless. I would have done that yesterday but for two reasons - 1) I left myself almost broke and 2) the bike shop didn't have a lot of size 3's.

What would you recommend for roadbike shoes that are not too expensive and come in a titchy size 3?

Comments

• Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    If your other bike is an MTB, its worth looking at MTB shoes. Then you can use them with both bikes and either swap the pedals or have the same pedals on both bikes.

Shimano, Pearl Izumi, Specialized and Northwave all make women specific shoes in small sizes. Best bet is to go to a good bike shop with a selection in your size and try them on.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Snakegirl
    Snakegirl Posts: 34
    My other bike's a road/racer bike too - a vintage Raleigh Mixte. There aren't that many small sizes around locally and although I know I could get through the Internet I prefer to try shoes on first. Will have a look round locally during the week and see what I can find.