Boardman Bikes

12346»

Comments

• galaxyboy
    galaxyboy Posts: 168
    bilsea159 wrote:
    Too Late I purchased a ribble sportive, I know that I could not test ride that either but there is no way Halfords will ever get my business again.

I have been fancying the ribble sportive but also tempted by the boardman team carbon. The boardman seems to have the better spec and i don't mind a bit of setting up myself as i often have had to do it after getting bikes back from services etc by lbs. I think i will be going for the boardman. :D
  • bilsea159
    bilsea159 Posts: 256
    I had my ribble delivered this morning. Out of the box the bike is correctly set up and ready to ride, it's equiped in my opinion with better components than the team carbon and the frame is flawless unlike the boardmans that had streaks in the top tube which I accept is likely to be the case with carbon. Best of all ribble offer 12 months interest free in the deal which halfords do not. I was fully expecting to have to take the bike to my bike shop for some fine tuning but to ribbles credit I am able to ride a perfectly assembled bike.
  • RedAende
    RedAende Posts: 158
    Bilsea, once you've had a test ride post some feed back. Looks a good bike.

Red Aende, Red Spesh Hardrock, Wine Mercian, Rusty Flying Scot
  • galaxyboy
    galaxyboy Posts: 168
    bilsea159 wrote:
    I had my ribble delivered this morning. Out of the box the bike is correctly set up and ready to ride, it's equiped in my opinion with better components than the team carbon and the frame is flawless unlike the boardmans that had streaks in the top tube which I accept is likely to be the case with carbon. Best of all ribble offer 12 months interest free in the deal which halfords do not. I was fully expecting to have to take the bike to my bike shop for some fine tuning but to ribbles credit I am able to ride a perfectly assembled bike.

Congratulations on your new bike. Ditto the comments above, I've been looking for more information on the ribble sportive but can't find much. What components did you opt for?
  • bilsea159
    bilsea159 Posts: 256
    Have to be honest I bought this bike on the reviews in cycling plus of the nero corsa, so felt reasonably confident buying from ribble. The only picture of the bike I had seen was the one on ribbles website showing the nice wheels but can honestly say the bike I received looks fantastic with the special edition Centaur spec. I looked at the bike builder option on the website but as soon as you start customizing the options the price goes up, as an example the £899 price would give you Xenon Groupset adding even Mirage or Veloce comes out higher than just buying the centaur special edition. I looked at a bike price point up to £1500 and feel that this bike looks far better than the price suggests with such good quality components. Probably will not be able to ride for a few days yet but will update along with some photos. The only things I am going to change on the bike are the tyres when they wear out and the saddle.
  • hello,

firstly people AREN'T limited to halfrods for their cycle to work scheme. as other LBS do it and you can use the vouchers there in the same way. i know 2 LBS that i can do it with also. Some advice please guys, i want to use a bike for commuting, (riding from london to paris later this tear) and training/fitness in between. so im going with a hybrid. i have narrowed my decision to these but unsure of like to like specs...opinions? : -

boardman hybrid pro
    trek 7.6 FX
    specialized - sirrus expert
    marin - lucas valley

they are all of similar value.
  • I have owned my Boardman Sport for 10 weeks now and it has given me nothing but trouble. Firstly the rear mech had so much play in it it was constantly ghost shifting, the front forks are about to be sent away for 2 weeks as they have developed a knocking noise and will no longer lock out, the seat has collapsed and today to put the cherry on the cake the chain snapped in the rain 6 miles from home. Halfords initially turned my bike upside down for 7 days to cure the knocking noise.....Honestly that was the recommended repair from the turds at Halfords. It was a nightmare of epic proportions to get the rear mech replaced. I want my money back so I can replace it with a Focus from Wiggle. I bought it as a winter hack so I could commute to work, little did I know it wouldn't make it to the winter. Any advice or Chris Boardman's home telephone number would be appreciated.