Wilier Mortirolo stolen, Southfields 29th July

spotteddolphin
spotteddolphin Posts: 28
edited August 2007 in Road stolen
Hi,

Devastated to find my Wilier Mortirolo stolen this morning from the back of my bike carrier in my apartments supposedly secure basement.

I've reported it stolen to the police, but in case anyone gets offered it and can contact me with information, the bikes details follow:

2007 Wilier Mortirolo in black with red sticker detailing
Fulcrum racing 3 front wheel, Mavic open pro rear with Cycleops Powertap hub
Front tyre has red detailing, rear has blue.
Carbon chorus 2007 groupset
Fizik Arione black saddle
Topeak saddle bag with one innertube and multi tool
FSA Carbon bar

I love this bike more than I can say and have many memories of charity rides and racing. If anyone has any information, my number is:

pete@audioreel.com

Thanks,
What is this? A centre for Ants? It would have to be....at least 2 or 3 times this size!

Comments

• Sorry, forgot to say, stolen in Southfields, London
    What is this? A centre for Ants? It would have to be....at least 2 or 3 times this size!
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    Hey Peter

Did you get your bike back in the end?

I am truely gutted for you - that bike is my dream bike and I spent weeks trying to work out a way I could afford it. Sadly I had to settle for a much cheaper one and will have to wait until I am no longer a debt ridden student beofre I can afford it :(

I hope you managed to get it back and if not I hope taht you are still riding and it hasnt set you back too much!

All the best, Rachel
  • Hi Rachel,

No I didn't unfortunately, the police were really great though and took all the details.

Its so disheartening cos I'd rather have given it away to someone who would have apreciated it, rather than some git who wouldn't have the faintest idea.

Oh well, what goes around, and that guys got a shit load of bad karma now. Thats all i got. ha ha..

Which bike did you go for?

Cheers,

Pete
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    Sorry to hear that you didnt get it back. I went for the Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Xenon. She's a beaut and keeps me happy on the road.

Not that you could possibly replace the willier, but have you got a new bike?