Race Blades on Carbon Forks

adifiddler
adifiddler Posts: 113
edited July 2007 in Workshop
I am thinking of getting some SKS Race Blades to fit during the wetter months (if it can get any wetter than it has been) is it safe to attach them to carbon forks.
No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    how do race blades attach? as i am now considering the same question. Do they fit on normal road bikes that dont have mud guard holes??
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    they attactch via rubber starps, that go around the fork legs. they take about 5 mins to attatch!!!

i have got mine on carbon forks, and they are no problem!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's worth wrapping some tape around the forks and rear stays because grit can get under the mounting pads and scuff the paint a bit. You can also use cable ties if you're planning on leaving them in place for the season.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • adifiddler
    Yeah they just strap on

rimg1_Raceblade_quickreleas.jpg

I was asking because i know carbon forks are not designed to be compressed in that way (the reason you shouldn't hang a rack from a carbon seat post) and scratches in carbon make a week point that will eventually aid a fracture.
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    There's compression and compression. Race blades are fine.
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • adifiddler
    Cheers Andy
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    will they fit all road bikes because there isnt alot of clearance above the wheels!?

Has anyone got a pics of them on their bike, just to make me feel more comfortable with spending £40
  • stevec205gti
    stevec205gti Posts: 366
    They're not designed the same as full mudguards - they stop at the top of the forks on the front and at the bridge at the back, so they will fit bikes with no clearance.

Whilst they're not as good as full mudguards, they keep the worst of the elements off and are well worth the money, if only to keep your backside dry!!!
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I totally agree, they do a great job at what they're supposed to do! :lol: