single cog crank sets

azza 05
azza 05 Posts: 248
edited July 2007 in MTB buying advice
what do you suggest??? for around 100 pound and with a square taper. me mate has got an rpm single cog crankset on his diamondback and i cannot find out which one it is and its not on the website because i like it and feels really good

Comments

• daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    Personally, I use a Hone crankset on both my bikes enduro and Nitrous. Dual ring on the Enduro and a Single 36t for the Nitrous.
    Hones are stiff/strong but light
    Dave - Spin instructor

go for a hone for about £70 or if you can stretch another £10 for £110 you could get the saint
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    Saint does add a lot more weight. But the hone is more than strong enough unless you intend on doing very large drops 10ft ish or more.

Do you really need square taper?
    Dave - Spin instructor

but i'd go £10 pound over budjet and get the saint.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

That\'s what the wrist is for - gloves.

You know you\'re a biker when... ...your arms are brown, and your hands are totally white...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet Posts: 1,064
    Yeah, Saints or Hones, unless you can find some BMX style cranks which you prefer, which would surprise me