Clothing

mileslewis
mileslewis Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Workshop
My son has just purchased a mountain bike to use for commuting. Can you please give advice on what clothing he needs to look the part (at my age I do not need to worry)

He needs where possible to have clothing that will see him through whats left of the summer and still be of use once autumn arrives

If he were to buy 3/4 length shorts now what would be the accepatable addition come winter eg. leg warmers

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    youd probably be better posting this on the mtb forum we wear tight sexy gear! :D

the rad dudes are that way->
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Philip Davis
    Philip Davis Posts: 965
    Lots of rad dudes here man ;-)

3/4's are great for commuting, they will last well into winter. Endura make some very good ones, you can get a good price on www.chainreactioncycles.com.

Knee warmers are really good, but you need to be wearing padded shorts for them (they need the elastics to stay up). Some 3/4's (not the Endura Humvees) are weather proof enough that your son will do fine until the weather gets really cold.

For tops, any technical top will do fine. the Polaris ones on chainreaction are very nice. If you want to spend a little more, anything in merino wool is fantastic for commuting as they don't get smelly like sythetics and they are warm into winter. For most commuting, a good compact wind/showerproof is really good. I like the Montane Velo, it will fit into a pocket, but will keep you warm on most days.

I hate to advocate drugs, violence or insanity to anyone, but they\'ve always worked for me.\' Hunter S. Thompson