north yorkshire downhill run

Flinny16
Flinny16 Posts: 134
edited June 2008 in Routes
Does anybody know any downhill runs around north yorkshire?
I know about wykham and the dalby downhill
heard of one at staxton hill and one near york
can anybody claify where these are or any downhill routes around north yorkshire?

Thanks
FLINNY

Comments

• RygelUK
    RygelUK Posts: 32
    Carlton Bank.

It's above Chop Gate outside of Helmsley.

I haven't been in ages, so couldn't tell you the condition it's in, maybe a regular could give more info on that one.
    http://www.singletraction.org.uk
    Yorkshires MTB trailbuilders!
  • Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread, but to the original poster, where is the dh route you know of near york. I'd be very interested to find it as I live there!
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Well you've got the illustrious Stainburn Forest nr Otley which is in North Yorkshire BUT thats a double black boulder trail not necessarily a DH run. Its hardcore stuff for sure, and is home to the infamous 'slab' feature. There is the well known DH runs at Wharncliffe Woods but thats South Yorkshire, just north of Sheffield. Not too far from York - maybe an hours drive??

Apart from that I am not sure about any others that are known as we are currently trying to understand whats on our doorstep for AM riding outside of the above.

Let me know would you if you locate some hidden gems anywhere in Yorkshire - we'd definately check them out.
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • Flinny16
    Flinny16 Posts: 134
    Just been to wkyham twice this week.
    It's an absolute gem of a trail!
    Got some good 10ft llong dirt jumps, two 20ft gap jumps (one drops 10ft) and a new log drop as well as a nice run.
    Go there
    FLINNY
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    silton woods up near sutton bank
  • IainMac1
    IainMac1 Posts: 94
    I can only really thing of Silton and Carlton !

There used to be one at Ayton, but that has been completely demolished due to tree felling.

Where is the downhill coruse at Dalby?